Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10inch scoop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffsterkris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10inch scoop?
    Posted: 25 March 2009 at 5:22pm
would this work. have been looking for plans on here but cant really find anything as im not too sure what it would b called or nething.

would love to take the normal 15inch scoop design and scale it by a 3rd to make all the dimensions fit.

ne plans for a normal front loaded scoop as i cant find a set on here that arnt tweaked or changed to get better responce from ur scoops.
starting to make a system...ne help appreciated
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 6:20pm
Why?
Away on extended leave.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 6:24pm
yeah why? 
if your gona say its a cool thing to have in ur bedroom/studio, dont bother - scoops are long throw cabs. 
(SoundcreationaudiO) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 7:11pm
i perfectly scaled down the plan of the Hog scoop by a factor of 0.55 if i remember rightly...   whacked a JBL 10" car sub into it, think it was a cs10 or something...  was bloody brilliant!!! not perfect, but some serious bass came out of not a big box! The amount of air that it shifted was quite amusing to be honest!

definately recomend giving it a go!

Edited by (SoundcreationaudiO) - 25 March 2009 at 7:12pm

LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 7:40pm
I like the idea!

I played in hornresp to make a 10" scoop a couple of weeks ago and did find out that it's very hard to find a suitable speaker for this in that size...X-max/X-mech are to low on these (in my pricerange for something cool to my new sterio in the livingroom)

I did try a cuple of JBL car wofers alsow, but the ones I tryed did not make a nice freq response.
But I'm sure you can find a good car sub or PA speaker for this with long x-max Wink

buffsterkris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffsterkris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by (SoundcreationaudiO) (SoundcreationaudiO) wrote:

i perfectly scaled down the plan of the Hog scoop by a factor of 0.55 if i remember rightly...   whacked a JBL 10" car sub into it, think it was a cs10 or something...  was bloody brilliant!!! not perfect, but some serious bass came out of not a big box! The amount of air that it shifted was quite amusing to be honest!

EXACTLY!!!! your the type of person i need to talk to lol, see it does work its just a matter of findin the rite scale..dnt suppose i cud take a look at ur plans mate?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:21pm
you could try a peerless xls10 driver..  big xmax..   lovely drivers...:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffsterkris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:22pm
so if i used th HOG plan and used a scale of .55 this wud work u say?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by buffsterkris buffsterkris wrote:

Originally posted by (SoundcreationaudiO) (SoundcreationaudiO) wrote:

EXACTLY!!!! your the type of person i need to talk to lol, see it does work its just a matter of findin the rite scale..dnt suppose i cud take a look at ur plans mate?

i simply scaled down the existing plans of the hog scoop, used 12mm birch for internals, well braced..  did it out of curiosity more than anything, its not as simple as scaling down a design i know..  but it did work kinda well!

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:32pm
If you wanted to build something using 10" drivers for home use, just build a Wicked One.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:41pm
ahh, wicked ones are very good...  have built 4 to date, last one was with the peerless drivers...   was very nice..   hid it in a wall for a private indoor swimming pool.... :)     but, for that scoop look/sound..   try a scaled down hog..     it worked pretty damn well..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffsterkris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:43pm
thanks man...bin gettin fukin slated n gettin told " its not gonna work u cnt just scale it down" i know its not gonna b the best sound u can find..or the clearest...just always wanted my own "mini" rig in my house and now i think i mite have found a way to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>