Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" bass horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" bass horn
    Posted: 13 December 2006 at 2:32pm
Here is something i came up with tonight, iv been thinking of trying to design something easy to make, here is a pic of a ruff scetch, i was also thinking of making it quite narrow:

What do you think?
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
TDA-Audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDA-Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 5:01pm
EM - quak
Nigey-C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigey-C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 5:57pm
Punisher!
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 11:02pm
add another piece and it will be a billfitzmaurice cabinet
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 8:34am
its based on a ciare design but with an extra fold at the begining, just a scribble at this point tho...
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 1:22pm
Fairly modellable design, access to the securing the driver might be a problem. Flip the piece of wood that the driver is mounted on and extend it and you pretty much have a punisher on your hands.
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 4:04pm
ye i see your point access will be a big problem
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 5:22pm
Just change the dimensions a bit around the throat area and an access panel on the front flare section should be possible so you can drop the driver into its chamber from there.

Rear chamber looks huge on this sketch though?
COWFOOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COWFOOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 8:11am
Couldn't the access panel/ panels be located like the ones for the Labsub or Punisher?
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 12:47pm
ye the plan was to have a side access pannel, but ye the rear chamber is way to big 
DJ Vencenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Vencenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:22am
Originally posted by login4 login4 wrote:

Here is something i came up with tonight, iv been thinking of trying to design something easy to make, here is a pic of a ruff scetch, i was also thinking of making it quite narrow:

What do you think?

that looks like u used Autodesk Inventor....nice.
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 12:36pm
Hi I designed something similar to this but it looked like this

The cab is 600mm high and 762mm deep

I experimented with different widths and it seems that about 500mm is OK but the wider you can go the better for extension to 40Hz being the goal - I tried the Ciare 12SW and Delta12LF drivers - it has a fair amount of wobble in the frequency response - and a high compression ratio 1:4 or thereabouts

If you use a 10" driver the horn actually works better - lower compression ratio - you could also give the horn extra length to try and get higher efficiency - like so

All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>