Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" eminence scoops....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" eminence scoops....
    Posted: 27 October 2006 at 8:03am
hey all......
am thinking about building some 12" scoops from the old eminence design book. Not for our main system, but for a mini dub/chill rig.
(thinking per side: 4 x 12" scoops + 4 x reflex 10" mids + 4 x 1" horns.)

Anyone ever used/built any???
Any words of wisdom???

peace and thanks,
N
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 8:52am
what driver do you have in mind?
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 9:05am
I havent got one in mind yet.... thats another thing i need advice on.
Something thatll handle at least 500w each, and go down to 40-45hz if possible......
the lower the better obviously, but im not expecting miracles off 12s.....im just sick of lugging massive heavy cabinets and want a small decent system for smaller gigs......rather than just taking out 2 hds or whatever and bodging a scaled down version of our main rig...   :)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 9:41am
have you thought about the 15" micro scoop? you will have a wider choice of drivers. i doubt it is much bigger maybe even smaller than the Eminece 12" scoop.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 10:18am
no.......
Not seen em...
Dya have plans, specs etc to hand?
SD
x
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 10:35am
here's the plans  http://groups.msn.com/SpeakerBuildingpics/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=18

my Eminence book is at home & i'm at work so i cant compare the dims against the Eminence 12" scoop

Edited by Static Age - 27 October 2006 at 10:37am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:15am
cheers for that.....
Its an interesting option.
Think they are deeper, but not as tall...
And from memory, they have at least one more baffle than the 12s...

mmmm.........(mulls it over).........

Has anyone else any ideas or experience of the 12s?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:22am
i think the ammount of baffles is the same.  please dont think that i was trying to put you off of the 12" scoop idea i was just offering a more modern alternative.
I would love to hear how the 12" scoop shapes up with some decent drivers in. dont B&C make a 1000w 12" with a 4" voice coil? not sure weather it paramiters would suit a scoop but its worth a look.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 11:54am
yea..... no probs!!!
That B&C is along the lines i was thinking.....
Im not really thinking 'Modern'......seems speakers go in phases....especially in the scene that i work.
This year the fad is OPUS, last year it was Funktion 1, the year before it was Mackie active...etc etc etc....
Not gonna bother with 'Modern' cos there'll only be something ''better'' next year. I just like the look of the 12 scoop.....its a complettelly personnal thing for me i guess.
Although i know quite a lot of auido theory cos of where i work....im finding myself actualy caring less and less... I just want something simple to build that i like the look of, that sounds okay......cos lets face it...after asking around....unless your in t'industry.....no-one seems to care as much as i thought!!!
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2006 at 2:56pm

What do you think of these Strange Daze ?

I've heard them being tested with just a 4ohm car speaker & they sounded incredible.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 10:10am
They look fooking lovelly!!!!!!!!!!
(Id love 8 of them!!!)

Do you have designs or are willing to sell any??

Symzzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 12:25pm
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7016

That should be the thread you're after.

But only really has pictures. No pricing e.t.c. so far.

They do look nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>