Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" eminence scoops....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Strange Daze Strange Daze wrote:

They look fooking lovelly!!!!!!!!!!
(Id love 8 of them!!!)

Do you have designs or are willing to sell any??

I can't see 12 inch scoops going lower than 80hz. Maybe to 60hz in a stack of 8. You'd be better off going for them micro scooper 15's [smaller than standard 15 inch scoops]. And Staiper told me they reach down to 45hz-40hz in pairs.

Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 5:57am
80hz is too high for what i want....
but from memory, im sure they go lower.
The drivers im sure work to 40ish hz.....but i'll have to double check clearly.
DJ Coupé View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Coupé Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:27pm
the jbl 2206 cone will go as low as 45hz ive been trying to find a scoop design for that for a while

Edited by DJ Coupé - 19 November 2006 at 12:28pm
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 7:06pm
im sure the 12" scoop goes down to mid 40s and should sound quite tasty, talking of tasty it would be nice if the Ciare 12.00 SW worked in the scoop....
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by login4 login4 wrote:

im sure the 12" scoop goes down to mid 40s and should sound quite tasty, talking of tasty it would be nice if the Ciare 12.00 SW worked in the scoop....

I doubt a 12 inch scoop goes lower than 60hz, well no loud bass below 60hz anyway.The design must roll off around 60hz, even if the driver can handle lower, it won't produce lower. Unless at least 4 are stacked together and it might go a bit lower.

quoting Russ D: " 12" scoop bins, i think i remember jah youth sound having some for midrange, about all they`d be good for in regards to playing out, maybe they`d be ok for bass in your bedroom !!... "

login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 2:50pm
using 12" scoops for mids is just plain nasty, but ye i think ya right toXic here's something i dug out:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/login4/12scoops.jpg

Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 4:51pm
The PLAN!

Have been thinking of building two of these for my brother to use in his room for hi-fi. Dont know wich driver to go for yet. It will be a hi-fi 12" though. Need to find one. Hopefully they will work in a bedrrom or a smallish lounge. Will try and stick a nice textile dome tweet in there too. What do ya think? The amp prolly pushes around 50w. A waste or not. The other option is a 8" scoop plan I found on one of those fullrange hi-fi DIY sites. ATM he's usin my old 10" Fane loaded boxes with some nasty Motorola Piezos. Theyre loud but the bass is a problem. The other thing is the size of the 12" scoops to. Will prolly be in the way all the time. Will be nice if it works though.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 5:14pm
8 inch scoop plan sounds very interesting for home use.

You got a link for that Three-Bee?

login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 7:51pm
iv made a 8" scoop before but it doesn't work, sounds rubbish, and i think scoop like plans that are small enuff for an 8" cone will be a Transmosion Line design and do have good bass...

hope this helps....
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 4:01am
This is the 8" scoop. Got the plans on da PC at home

Link:
http://melhuish.org/audio/DIYRH3.html
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 7:43am
Da Plan

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 7:47am
The horn is about 1.7m long. for an 8"? Should work ok?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>