Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" Sub Build With BMS12N630

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2021 at 1:10pm
Hopefully sort the grille out for the sub in the next few weeks to complete the build.

Currently paired up with a fun active 3-way HiFi I got to build for a mate

The tops have a very special 3D printed port ;)
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2021 at 9:43pm
Fantastic work vertx. 

If it sounds as good as it looks you're onto a winner.  Let us know your feedback on the hypex plate amps too.
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2021 at 8:10am
So.. what's this "special" port? Geek
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2021 at 9:43am
The flare ratio is based on the Comsol paper TG posted a while back. It sounds good.

Edited by vertx - 23 September 2021 at 9:47am
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2021 at 10:04am
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Fantastic work vertx. 

If it sounds as good as it looks you're onto a winner.  Let us know your feedback on the hypex plate amps too.

I've got about 10-12 of em floating round in mostly studio monitors and hifi I've built for mates.

The first batch of em felt like they had almost a 40% failure rate but they swapped everything out which was annoying but not a big deal.

Prices have raised since then, guessing it's gone into better QC as the new ones don't fail. I've got ones still working in cabinets that have been dropped so hard the tweeter has come out. If they had FIR they'd be killer. Not sure about em on PA use tho, haven't tried.

Only had time to do some basic time/phase stuff, I'll finish up the EQ before I hand em over :)

30cm and 65cm measurements merged, no smoothing

Same but with psychoacoustic smoothing

vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2021 at 4:45am
The grille for the sub is on it's way thanks to Markie Thumbs Up

Plus I downloaded the latest version of REW and got stuck into the EQ on the mains.

Frequency response from 0 - 40 degrees at 1m seems pretty much flat now within +-3db. I didn't bother taking much time to EQ anything under 300hz as there's no way to guarantee the measurements are good, but everything above that looks good. The SBAcoustics 4" NRX2 mids are great for the cost, running 300hz to 3khz here.

Frequency response on-axis with psychoacoustic smoothing

Same with Var smoothing

and no smoothing

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2021 at 5:28am
Although it’s not great to judge from a single trace in unknown conditions, if you do an average of measurements ~30 degrees around the listening position and still see the dip at 45 Hz, you might want to look into a limp mass absorber on the wall opposite to the normal orientation of the speakers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12