Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 Volt Party Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphabetikal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:09pm
thats pretty nuts man. critical mass is cool.

So its running car amps, right?
just purely out of question, why go for the car type amps and not some kind of low consumption class D/T model like the AMP 6 or Sure 100w? is it because you wanted more W? Does this really result in much more perceived volume/loudness?
(im kind of betting it does...but would like to know)

a
ps- cant believe you took requests from the po-po !!! :S

SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 7:17pm
They were some very efficient car amps and back in those days the AM6 and Sure amps weren't that well established and specs were lower. I did have a friend who used some of the amps from 41hz but he kept having issues every so often whereas we had none :) More W does mean more output but it's not as simple as that. I chose to have over powered amps running almost idle than smaller ones running flat out. Main reasons were amps would run cold and stable with little voltage swing thanks to the bigger switchmode supplies in the amps.

As for the po-po in my experience, and in that setting, if you respect them then they respect you. Who doesn't like music afterall, especially if it's sounding good rather than a torture device.
TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by TechnoChef TechnoChef wrote:

This was our 420 celebration the other week.  Nice little spot down by the lake, barbecue and plenty of greeneryWink!
We knew no-one would be up for standing about DJing in the roasting hot heat, so music was from mp3 players and phones.  Hiding from the sun and heat behind the Carling umbrella was the wharfedale bookshelf speakers from my living room, a budget chinese 12V amp (is actually not bad for the pennies it cost!) and a 110ah leisure battery!

A mate has some pictures of the actual speakers on his phone from when we took out the boat on Sunday, will upload them when I can put them onto my phone.  Was brilliant when I was plugging in the amp on the boat, I asked the owner of it if there was a 12V feed anywhere.  He told me to lift the hatch under the seat and I found six 110ah batteries in there!!  Gonna be taking more speakers next time I think!!

Finally got the pictures off said phone, so simple to take these speakers out and set them up anywhere, the mini-amp has even got a USB charging socket!  No where near loud enough for partying with but it's just the job for background music...
I think I'm in love with your mum.
TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 7:12pm
Mini rig was out for a local party last night, ran it from a genny so not technically 12V but the spirit was there and it was a lot louder that way!
We did it on a path in the woods, half way round an assault course.  The parallel bars were perfect for a deck stand!
I think I'm in love with your mum.
andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 12:56pm
Here's my baby, at the beginning of last month's critical mass. A bit top heavy so I gotta watch it on corners. I have just bought a rickshaw on ebay which will make life easier.
alphabetikal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphabetikal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 6:06pm
andyb - thats sweeeeeet man. hows it powered? whats the specs? hows it sounddddd?
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 3:11am
Why the straps? You've got a carry freedom, bolt it down man.
andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 8:58pm

@sam I should bolt it down but the straps work and keep the batteries and the top speaker on. I got a Rickshaw now so don't need to worry too much about it. They're great trailers though. Just checked out your bikeology site. I remember your system at the Space Hijacker bash in Mayfair. I had a small suitcase system there that day.

@ alphabetikal: I have two 110ah leisure batteries(each one lasts at least 6 hours on full blast), The speakers are Davey T's booty bass( http://forum.speakerplans.com/davey-ts-215-bootybass-with-plans_topic27642. - http://forum.speakerplans.com/davey-ts-215-bootybass-with-plans_topic27642.html), an EV SX300, the amp is a Vibe Litebox Stereo 4. If I need to use mics or run bands then I use the Behringer 1002B 9v mixer. It's pretty damn loud, here's some vid of it in action at Critical Mass a couple of months back.

SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 8:40am
Did you ever get to hear Beatrix? My larger one?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123