Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v campervan Minirig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v campervan Minirig
    Posted: 06 June 2019 at 10:39am
Hi all,

I recently put together a minirig to take with me in my campervan but after a month on the road it's proved to be too heavy and a pain to set up with the generator etc...

I've now decided to downsize and go 12v and wanted to run the plan past a few people here first for advice before I commit to the build. I'll mainly be travelling in warm sunny countries so want to utilise solar power for charger as I'd rarely have access to mains supply.

Battery - 110ah leisure battery

Amp - bassface db4.1

Tops - I have a pair of logic is10s 200w speakers in the existing minirig so was going to use one of those

Subs - I have a b&c s15an cabinet loaded with a b&c 15ps100 700w and I also have 4 beyma 8br40/n 50w drivers to hand which I was planning to stick in a quad box, which of these would make the most use of small amount of power available?

Are there any other pieces I'm missing or any better solutions?

slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 2:40pm
I'd say replace that amplifier with a full-range class D one.
Look at 4-channel ones from the likes of Pioneer, Alpine, Vibe etc.

The idea is to use it as a 2 channel amp, but 2 bridged channles driving a 8R load is a sensible impedance match ... so 1 pair of channels driving your mid-top and the other pair driving the bass box - using the built-in HPF/LPF  should be OK ....

Edited by slaz - 07 June 2019 at 2:42pm
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 3:41pm
Cheers I’ll take a look at a few of the options.

Would you say I’m best sticking with the 700w b&c driver and feeding it around 100w or making a quad box with the 50w beymas although this would take the impedance to 2 ohm?

dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 10:40am
This was the end product...

Swapped the bassface amplifier out for a good deal I got on a JBL club 704 4 channel. Very happy with how it sounds with the amount of power available and can reach pretty decent levels when needed.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 3:09pm
how did you end up blowing that other 15ps100 pc?
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 10:22am
It was an air leak that did it at teknival. Some guy who was freaking out on a bad trip fell onto the speaker pole and pulled the whole top hat out of the bass bin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 10:32am
oh bloody hell
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2020 at 11:24am
Cool little setup, i like it! 🙂👍🏼
 Post Reply Post Reply