Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

13a plug amp query

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 10:52am
Originally posted by OllieMan OllieMan wrote:

Odd, I regularly run a 5000VZ off a 13a socket on a pair of 4x18 subs.

When you say it kept cutting out on you, do you mean the 13a fuse kept blowing or the amp actually cut out?

the amp actually went into protect Confused restarted it and still in protect, gothome and switched it on - perfect

Originally posted by chickenfizz chickenfizz wrote:

I thought this post was going to be about which 13A plugs are the best, was slightly disappointed to find it was actually about a macrotech lol

So to answer the question that wasn't asked, I like "Permaplug" rubber 13A plugs, they're ugly but otherwise very good :)

i prefer using MK plugs, not so bad when trying to get 4mm cable nto them

Sir Tony whats the specs on the Matrix uve got?
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 12:12pm
Does seem very strange it cut & went into protect, did the top red lights go out or dim before this happened? 
Also i did see the amp in question didnt have any filters, the can cause problems tweets.
https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

OllieMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OllieMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 12:36pm
Don't go buy a new amp just yet! (unless you wanna sell me your 5000 for a good deal)

A service would probably eliminate your problems...
DOJO MEDIA.

PA HIRE/ RECORDING STUDIOS/ BACKLINE HIRE.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

the amp actually went into protect Confused restarted it and still in protect, gothome and switched it on - perfect

I've also never had aproblem with a MA5000VZ on a 13 amp fuse. I your problem with a 3600 but later found out that one of my speaker sockets had gone faulty.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Nick Sasquash Nick Sasquash wrote:

Does seem very strange it cut & went into protect, did the top red lights go out or dim before this happened? 
Also i did see the amp in question didnt have any filters, the can cause problems tweets.

wasnt actually looking at it until it went into protect, red light only at the top, by filters do u mean the PIP card?

Originally posted by OllieMan OllieMan wrote:

Don't go buy a new amp just yet! (unless you wanna sell me your 5000 for a good deal)

A service would probably eliminate your problems...

it was a hire amp, dont actually own a amp for sub duty so im in the market for one, just having a problem trying to power 4 x turbomax of a 13a plug

has anybody had any experience wit a MC2 E90 ??
jack-red-eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-red-eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 1:26pm
i run a matrix xp5000 off a 13amp socket and its always been fine with 4 scoops.  
Red Eye HiFi
HMSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 1:45pm
EV P3000 all day every day!! Just dont bridge the amps or your gonna try suck more than 13 amps and its not the amp that will trip but the mains supply.
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 2:02pm

it was a hire amp, dont actually own a amp for sub duty so im in the market for one, just having a problem trying to power 4 x turbomax of a 13a plug

sure lev tell you this already inefficient amp plus 4x inefficent driver on 13a/ring main supply must end inna disaster

no point have turbomax 1500 if most place you play have only regular 13amp socket not every building have good wiring to allow pulling > 13a without voltage drop

meanwhile man with 4x 1850 or void on nuff diffrent amp can blaze the place while you ah blow driver cos amp start clip early due to mains LOL
"chyll wynstan.."
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

sure lev tell you this already inefficient amp plus 4x inefficent driver on 13a/ring main supply must end inna disaster

no point have turbomax 1500 if most place you play have only regular 13amp socket not every building have good wiring to allow pulling > 13a without voltage drop

meanwhile man with 4x 1850 or void on nuff diffrent amp can blaze the place while you ah blow driver cos amp start clip early due to mains LOL

Yes YoungBlood, I like your experience my brotha............!!! Most on here still haven't learned that concept!! 90% of indoor venues in the UK has 13amp, but people continue to design & build sounds to play off 32amp Douh!!...........................  LOL Then they blow a high wattage speaker & say, Oh I had toooooooooo much power!!! Little do they know that a 100 watt clip signal blew the speaker!! Oh I miss them days of nativity...................... LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL    

Peace..................................... Big smile

Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Most on here still haven't learned that concept!! 90% of indoor venues in the UK has 13amp, but people continue to design & build sounds to play off 32amp

That's nonsense, most decent sized venues designed for music/AV/conference work in the UK will have a decent power supply. This includes clubs, hotels, warehouse spaces,etc. Sometimes they will not have a suitable ceeform outlet but in these cases most are happy for you to wire into an outlet on their consumer unit or fuse board. Places like community centres and pubs often have inadequate wiring but this is because they do not need sound or lighting systems which require a big power supply.

me so horny, me love you long throw.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:47pm
In the last 3 years I haven't once had to use a 13a socket. Whenever I'm unsure what I'll find I take 50m of 16mm cable and a 63a to tails cable so that I can make my own supply from the incomers. This way I know the cable from the inlet to my amps is adequately rated and that the supply I'm using is protected for overcurrent and earth leakage. When you take power from 13a socket on the wall you don't know whether a 'handyman' has just run a bit of 1.5mm T+E from the lighting circuit or whether a proper electrician has done a 32a ring from a modern fuse board.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Most on here still haven't learned that concept!! 90% of indoor venues in the UK has 13amp, but people continue to design & build sounds to play off 32amp

That's nonsense, most decent sized venues designed for music/AV/conference work in the UK will have a decent power supply. This includes clubs, hotels, warehouse spaces,etc. Sometimes they will not have a suitable ceeform outlet but in these cases most are happy for you to wire into an outlet on their consumer unit or fuse board. Places like community centres and pubs often have inadequate wiring but this is because they do not need sound or lighting systems which require a big power supply.

Ok I'm not being politically correct now, but your talking out your arse!! do you want me to carry you to venues/centres/clubs where big sounds have been with no 32amp supply, listen don't get me started, check my signature below, 27 years in & around reggae sounds!!  you'll soon realize my experience on Sunday!! I do believe your sound is there?? I'll show you what efficiency with experience feels like............................. Now this is sound boy talk, & I'm not taking it back!!! u get mi????    
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>