Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

13a plug amp query

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Most on here still haven't learned that concept!! 90% of indoor venues in the UK has 13amp, but people continue to design & build sounds to play off 32amp

That's nonsense, most decent sized venues designed for music/AV/conference work in the UK will have a decent power supply. This includes clubs, hotels, warehouse spaces,etc. Sometimes they will not have a suitable ceeform outlet but in these cases most are happy for you to wire into an outlet on their consumer unit or fuse board. Places like community centres and pubs often have inadequate wiring but this is because they do not need sound or lighting systems which require a big power supply.

sure Gee chat bout  places that allow roots/reggae systems with scoopsWink

corporate/mainstream gig have money for modern venue and get good power, but in UK them want rid of reggae system, so fewer venue with good power allow reggae/scoop system in deh

my spar them do plenty wedding reception/birthday party for 400-500 people in many function halls, and all them can use is 13amp socket, but lighting get the 16A. Confused

lev tell me rice and peas going almost a year and "none" of the venue them use so far have better than 13a socket

Edited by YoungBlood - 07 April 2011 at 4:02pm
"chyll wynstan.."
Showcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:08pm
Hey Gee like the fighting talk sir!! now we getting down to it.. Roll on the Gee Subs v Terra hornsLOLLOL
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:09pm

In the last 3 years I haven't once had to use a 13a socket. Whenever I'm unsure what I'll find I take 50m of 16mm cable and a 63a to tails cable so that I can make my own supply from the incomers. This way I know the cable from the inlet to my amps is adequately rated and that the supply I'm using is protected for overcurrent and earth leakage. When you take power from 13a socket on the wall you don't know whether a 'handyman' has just run a bit of 1.5mm T+E from the lighting circuit or whether a proper electrician has done a 32a ring from a modern fuse board.

If you play in rice and peas from it start till now is 13a have to use and not permit to mess with anybody electric LOL

if you play in bne last week is 13a you have to use

big roots venue with 32a that invite jah tubbys and iration and shanti ah close one by one due to noise people them
"chyll wynstan.."
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

[QUOTE=biotec]
If you play in rice and peas from it start till now is 13a have to use and not permit to mess with anybody electric LOL

if you play in bne last week is 13a you have to use

big roots venue with 32a that invite jah tubbys and iration and shanti ah close one by one due to noise people them

The last venue and the new venue for BNE both have 32a socket. The Robin 2 has a 63a supply too.

me so horny, me love you long throw.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:22pm
Sometimes in life the "fresh green individuals" has to learn by feeling!!! That's what a great man did once say to me, my Father....................
My 17 year old son & his little crew had a little session in London last week with grown men, & they made them look small, this is due to the fact that I'm his father passing down the experience!! @ the BNE people will judge who's who, as I said before this is what we do for fun!! 13amp or no 13amp!!! The Goverment's double box WILL play well......................

Peace...........................Big smile

Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

sure Gee chat bout  places that allow roots/reggae systems with scoopsWink

corporate/mainstream gig have money for modern venue and get good power, but in UK them want rid of reggae system, so fewer venue with good power allow reggae/scoop system in deh

my spar them do plenty wedding reception/birthday party for 400-500 people in many function halls, and all them can use is 13amp socket, but lighting get the 16A. Confused

lev tell me rice and peas going almost a year and "none" of the venue them use so far have better than 13a socket

Any building bigger than a shed will have a decent power supply. Most houses in the UK have 60a/100a fuse on the incomer so any venue which has ever had commercial or industrial use will have a suitable power supply.

The venues I do are a lot more run down than most of the places holding reggae dances, don't think I'm talking about shiney clubs. If you build a relationship with the owner they'll often be amicable to the idea of installing a new circuit in the venue with decent power for sound systems.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:33pm

The last venue and the new venue for BNE both have 32a socket. The Robin 2 has a 63a supply too.

Originally posted by kilowattsounds kilowattsounds wrote:

Hi preacher we will still be running of a 13amp supply even though there is a 32amp socket theres only one of them so it will be unfair if anyone uses it, the centre has tables that we can use roll on Sunday the venue is a lot smaller than the Robin its going to be very very cosy lol

Edited by YoungBlood - 07 April 2011 at 4:34pm
"chyll wynstan.."
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:35pm
Biotec, if your sound can't run off of 13amp with ONLY 4 bass boxes, bow out!!! Don't come here & talk rubbish!!! 13amp supply is adequate, ask any experience person, so stop the propaganda rubbish, just turn up on Sunday the 10th April @ the Afro Caribbean Centre in Walsall & prove everybody wrong!! You understand what I'm saying, your including technical issues in a issue that doesn't require it!! Just let your soundsystem speak!!!!!!    
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:40pm

Any building bigger than a shed will have a decent power supply.

respects to you biotec, but  is not what the place have, is what you permit to connect to.

and like man say already plenty function hall that hold 500 people out there and have big supply for electric cooker, won't let you connect to that, and you have to use 13a.

just get PM say everybody who play in bne & rnpeas last year had to use 13a. and most of them place bigger than "shed". LOL
"chyll wynstan.."
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:45pm
Gee, have you seen the Terra horns?
music is the message
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Ok I'm not being politically correct now, but your talking out your arse!! do you want me to carry you to venues/centres/clubs where big sounds have been with no 32amp supply, listen don't get me started, check my signature below, 27 years in & around reggae sounds!!  you'll soon realize my experience on Sunday!! I do believe your sound is there?? I'll show you what efficiency with experience feels like............................. Now this is sound boy talk, & I'm not taking it back!!! u get mi????    

I think this weekend's BNE event is going to be exciting because I come from such different background fropm you and probably from some of the other sounds involved. For a long time I've been involved in sounds but this is the first time I've ever played at a strictly roots event, that's why I think my sound qualified for entering best new entertainer. I've grown up around sound systems but always a rave thing, jungle annd techno. Its going to be fun to see how much difference there between the way we do it, I suspect the methods are going to be different but ultimately I thing outcome is the same.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:48pm

heard some at notting hill on a float and Nuke they were louder than floats right next to me..they were bout 5-6 floats in front!!!!

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>