Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" Bass cabinet design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15" Bass cabinet design
    Posted: 13 February 2022 at 6:56am
Hey guys, been a long time since I posted here. I started DJ again and, as I am a bit older now, trying to scale down on equipment.

Anyone maybe have a 15" Bass cabinet design that I can use please? I have a set of Yamaha 12" speaakers, a Yamaha P7000 amplifier and just need to fill bottoms a little bit for the functions I am currently doing. Size and weight is a big factor. I have 15" Eminence drivers.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Regards 
Wayne
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 7:38am
Which eminence 15" do you have? 
Pnemonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 8:40am
EMINENCE EDP15A Delta Pro-15A 15″ 400 W 8 Ohm SPEAKER – Alu Basket Compatible For Yamaha JAY6132,
I have 3 off these
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 9:40am
That looks like a high sensitivity mid/mid bass driver. Only 2.5" voice coil. Not much good for bass. I'd just sell them and buy something a bit more appropriate.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 3:50pm
I second that emotion. I was gonna offer to take 2 of those off your hands as I have a pair of blown LFAs, but if your location is correct that ain't gonna happen!
Pnemonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 7:45pm
Thanks guys, I was contemplating replacing the 12's with the 15's just to get some extra oomph but 15's won't fit in the cabinets... Oh well, will have to invest in some proper subs then. 
Had these drivers lying in storage for the better part of 2 decades... As a sound engineer not getting shows in Covid times, started DJagain. But as you all know, all went haywire... 
Good luck out there, specially the old corcs like me trying to make it again!
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 7:58pm
You have a few options. A single, passive, dual voice coil sub would allow you to use your existing P7000 amp and Yamaha speakers. A pair of passive subs would do the same, or a single powered sub would allow you to keep our existing full range setup but add more power and response low down.
  Failing those, you could replace your existing speakers with something bigger, but imho a single 12"+ horn sounds better than a similar 15" design. If it was me, I would seek out a single powered sub to add to what you have.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2022 at 8:06pm
Have a look at the Yamaha DXS15 powered sub. They seem to be on a Mk2 version now, so you might find a bargain where you are on the Mk1 model. If it works out, you could always add another one later.

Edited by Lucasdude - 13 February 2022 at 8:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply