Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" reflex cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15" reflex cab
    Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:32am
Looking to build or maybe buy some cabs for fane 15XB's to use on smaller venues.
What's going to be my best option? Fane constructor Cab? B&C sub 15? Or something else?
Need to be as compact as possible without affecting performance.
100% Earth Moving Bass
basshead2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basshead2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 11:28am
sub15 all the way!
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:47pm
I've recently build some reflex cab for 15xb's.

They sound great but in my opinion the box need is not that compact (i went for 140l gross cab) and there are other drivers that can give more output in a smaller cab but cost more ££!!

But they do sound good, i use 2 of them as drum fill subs at the moment and drummers seem very happy.
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:43pm
I prefer the look of the sub 15, might end up building those.
100% Earth Moving Bass
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 6:12pm
what about the rcf sub15

built 20+ of these for forum members and everyone's been more that happy
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:05pm
That could be a possibility too, you got any pics of built ones?
100% Earth Moving Bass
trentp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trentp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 8:32pm
will a kappa pro work in this box?
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 6:29pm
i have 4 rcf lf15p200ak that i want to used them for low mids over scoop is it ok to build this box for the l12p200ak an play them about 60 to 160 or is it best to build a cab that tune highter ???
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

what about the rcf sub15

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 6:35pm
Hey guys i was looking for a 15" reflex plans for kick bin
an found these i have 4 of the L15p200ak is it best to build this same cab an run them as low mids over scoop like around 60/70 to 160 or its best to build a box with a highter tunning ????
thanks
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

what about the rcf sub15

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 6:48pm
[

Edited by t.geessounds - 03 February 2013 at 6:50pm
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by t.geessounds t.geessounds wrote:

Hey guys i was looking for a 15" reflex plans for kick bin
an found these i have 4 of the L15p200ak is it best to build this same cab an run them as low mids over scoop like around 60/70 to 160 or its best to build a box with a highter tunning ????
thanks

I asked the same questions once and TonyA.S.S. responded that the tuning frequency does not matter at all if you run them higher. Above my scoops I use the L15P540 (but in a different box) from 90 to 200 and they sound fine.

When I was looking for kick bin designs, I could hardly find anything with much higher tuning frequencies, because usually all these boxes are supposed to be subs as well, but can also be used as kicks above other subs.

But what is actually the difference between the tuning frequency and the LF limit? I always thought boxes should not be played lower than the tuning frequency.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:27pm
thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>