Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15inch mid/top build plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15inch mid/top build plan
    Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:41pm
Hello 

I was wondering if anyone could help with plan for building a mid top

Are there any good plans for a 15inch and HF horn that are good, I would like to mount both the driver and horn behind a baffle that has no cut outs on it

I'd like to do this as its for personal use / home parties etc and dont want any people who's had more drinks than they should getting silly trying to play around touching speakers.

Genre - Disco -  House - Techno 

Cheers

J
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:49pm
Yes, I have many plans like this and is the best way to go to stop people putting there fingers though the cones as you can't see them.

Don't worry about the sound getting though the 18 mm ply baffle, sound can easily do that, especially the higher frequencies.

Let me look on my hard drive and I'll put up some bits of drivers mounted behind a baffle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:00pm

This one I built worked really well. Very loud and no way you can touch the drivers and horn that are mounted behind the baffle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:10pm

Out of all the cabs I built with no cutouts on them I think this was the most successful. Flat from 50Hz to 21kHz and over 132dB output. Very easy to build too, as you don't need a jigsaw or router for the holes. I'll post the plan up soon.

Edited by Aman Gebru - 24 May 2020 at 1:10pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:29pm

This might work better for wide dispersion use 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
jordanclarkdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 4:50pm
Thank you :) 
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:58pm
Just get a few of these:-

And good to see, that despite bloody virus, confinement and loss of work, humour is still alive & and well on the forum!   Clap Clap Clap LOL Clap Clap Clap

Edited by Earplug - 24 May 2020 at 6:34pm
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

This might work better for wide dispersion use 

Oh I feel a new build coming on, but I'm worried about the IP rating. Do you think if I nailed used condoms on the outside of them that it would improve the IP rating?

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:40pm
No need, the genius of this design is that it is completely sealed. Not even cables go inside. Completely wireless technology.  
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:50pm
But it's still wood and can get wet.

I reckon I'm on to something here, and it helps that I have quite a large penis, so the condoms will be fully stretched out, which will give move coverage.

I'm prepared to empty out the spunk too, if you think that will help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Just get a few of these:-

And good to see, that despite bloody virus, confinement and loss of work, humour is still alive & and well on the forum!   Clap Clap Clap LOL Clap Clap Clap

These should do the trick mate ! ha ha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:55pm
Just realised my original post made no sense LOL 

I meant a mid top 15inch where the driver cant be seen or touched by anyone else, obviously there needs to be cut outs ha ha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>