Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15n630 box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15n630 box
    Posted: 31 January 2017 at 10:32pm
Sim'd the 15n630 up in winIsd.

Ended up looking at 120 litres and 40hz to get the extention I want at the bottom end. Given bms recommends 90litres and 43hz what's the trade off going slightly bigger?

Worried it might sound looser?

Thanks for any help

Jon
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 12:50am
Did you check cone excursion at rated power? You are probably way over with that larger box.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 6:47pm
I did check that in the sim. at xmax with its full 600 watts.

to be honest it seems to sim better than the 90 litre bms recommend for this driver but I'd prefer the 90L for transport!

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 9:45pm
With the Qts and Vas figures for that driver you are in the right ballpark I would say. It's a very compliant driver compared to others in its class. These numbers together do suggest a large reflex box.

If you are after a smaller box I'd probably be looking for a driver with lower Qes and lower Fs.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 10:28pm
I already have these drivers new from Bee so they'll be what I'm using.

I had to go read up to find out what you just said actually means!  LOL Its been a pretty unforgivingly steep learning curve  - I'm trying to understand rather than just fudge my way through!

I've spent several hours reading and playing with the sim and am unsure between the 90 and 120 litres now. Don't know how to decide. Perhaps either will be fine?
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2017 at 10:33pm
Hah, no worries. It's a driver that likes a slightly bigger box than a lot in its class if you go for what is known as a maximally flat reflex alignment. If you are willing to tune a bit higher then you can make the box a bit smaller too. Personally I think I would be looking to tune those ports to about 45Hz and would then size the box accordingly for a decent response. Maybe not maximally flat, but as long as output was good around 60Hz I'd be happy.

Also bear in mind that resonant frequency for these guys is listed at 39Hz so you want to go a bit higher than that ideally otherwise you might get some interesting interaction depending on what ends up being exactly what. 45Hz is probably a fairly sensible idea from that point of view. Due to manufacturing tolerances the numbers in reality are rarely exactly what is listed.

Edited by odc04r - 01 February 2017 at 10:36pm
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 10:06am
Isn't that driver the neo version of the s330 ? If so why not have a look at toys Q15 design for the 15s330   might give you some ideas
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 10:31am
Personally I'd go for the smaller box. You can EQ its response but you can't EQ it to fit in the car.
Don't test the champignon sound
triumphant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triumphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 6:30pm
It sounds like a good project. I'd be interested to read about your results once it's finished
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 7:03pm
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a novice build thread or if there's no real value in it.

I'll take some pictures anyway!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 8:18pm
we all love a build thread on here Embarrassed
You can't polish a turd!
djscooby View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djscooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 12:29am
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

we all love a build thread on here Embarrassed
+1

Noob to building P.A gonna do my first build in the next few months and will be using BMS drivers but can't find them in winisd Beta not sure what to enter in for new drivers etc please can someone help me out 

Best wishes Flip

Well my wife has kicked me out saying it's over due to my obsession with speakers don't know watt I'm gonna do with no ohm to go to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>