Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18" SUPER SCOOPERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STRINGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 2:46am

Criss

What country are you in ?? , if your in australia, I will give you some contacts for speaker suppliers

Peter

criss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 11:11am

Peter,

My very close friend, who is very good in wood work, has told me that he would make the Scoop bins for me. I have the plans for 15" given in Dancetech.com.

Are there 12" versions made.

And i wanna know, would it perform well with 12" version, and should i go for 60% / 70% of the plans of 15".

STRINGA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STRINGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 6:51pm

CRISS

YES 12"'S WOULD WORK THE SAME , ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DIVIDE ALL MEASUREMENTS ON THE 15" PLAN BY A FACTOR OF 1.2

IF YOU WERE MAKING 18"S YOU WOULD MULTIPY THE MEASURMENTS BY A FACTOR OF 1.2

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO, I CAN EMAIL SOME PICTURES OF MY 18" IF YOU LIKE ??

SEND ME YOUR EMIAL IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I'LL SEND YOU SOME PICS

minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 7:17pm

nonono.

people have built 12" scoops, but they dont work very well, and you cant just scale it by 1.2... wtf

you can get 12" drivers nowadays that may be up to the job, but if the horn isnt long enuff its not going to work, even if half of the radiated sound is direct, your still going to have problems..

either do it properly ie. design them using known principles, and have a nice sounding set of speakers or bodge it using random equations, and have poor quality sounding boxes.

biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 5:48am

Originally posted by STRINGA STRINGA wrote:

YES 12"'S WOULD WORK THE SAME , ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DIVIDE ALL MEASUREMENTS ON THE 15" PLAN BY A FACTOR OF 1.2

IF YOU WERE MAKING 18"S YOU WOULD MULTIPY THE MEASURMENTS BY A FACTOR OF 1.2

I don't mean to be rude but in a technical advice forum you should be giving technical advice. Dividing speaker measurements by a factor does not make a decent speaker.

staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 5:45am

...Hi,

If someone need plans for 15" scoop these may be interesting.

http://groups.msn.com/SpeakerBuildingpics/shoebox.msnw?actio n=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=18

Best wishes,

Stipe

STRINGA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STRINGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 3:23am

Thanks for the plans for es-15blh

Can this design be used with 12" drivers  ???  i have a few drivers sitting in boxes and would love to use them

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 8:17am

rastaman posted this from the Eminence book a while ago, it has the 12 inch scoop in there.

razorray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razorray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 5:56pm
Hi,Does any one know who the VOID 1000W spaeker sounds in a 18" super scooper
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 4:01am
Originally posted by razorray razorray wrote:

Hi,Does any one know who the VOID 1000W spaeker sounds in a 18" super scooper

From what I know it would sound the dog's bollocks!!
"The earth provides enough to satisfy every mans needs...but not every mans greed."
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:54am

@ toxic

those scoop designs have a tweeter [apt80] but id suggest putting a mid box above so its only mounted in the bass bin to save space and is still on an active x-over above the mids [does that make sense?]

basicaly id only mount them like that to save space! id not shove mid through the bass driver and the tweeter [im guessing hes got a fairly low x-over there so the mid would be shared between mid and bass drivers. OUCH!] put something inbetween before you kill your drivers [well it cnat be doing the cones any good can it! im not an expert but im sure its not helping/doing the longevity of the drivers any help

whatsoever!] anyway how low will scoops go with that driver [its about £60 no?] might be good for a sub for small partys/ rehearsing raggae bands. and what plans to use with said driver? doubt rogs super scoop would allow that kind of driver?

[edit] ahhh i see! the tweeter in the eminence plan is for bass guitarists not pa! [my bass cab is a 1x15" reflex with a little tweeter just to bring ou tthe highs might do that with my guitar 4x12" would sharpen her up!]

Edited by coner - 15 March 2006 at 10:56am
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 5:36pm

@ coner: Which driver you mean was a £60 driver? LOL I wouldn't use 12 inch scoops for any proper event. And if you meant the Fane 18XB thats a £170 pro driver rated 600w AES with 4 inch vc and a classic driver used in scoops.

BTW: That above post was hard to read m8.

Nope don't add a tweeter in scoop bins,as the bass frequencies will over power and drown out the highs and sound muffled and sh*te.

18 inch scoop, 12 inch straight horn mid and bullet tweeters on top of that is the way reggae sound systems do it.

Edited by ToXiC - 15 March 2006 at 5:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>