Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 Horn vs. Martin WSX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 11:50am
As per the other thread, build suitable reflex cabs if you want low bass without a significant amount of R&D.

Particularly if your drivers were designed by the manufacturer to be used in this manner….
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 2:50pm
ah... do you think its not the right woofer for wsx?
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:08pm
id like to find the right woofer for wsx..eighteen sound...i dont know well but i thought maybe going wrong that 18lw2600 1500w could be right for this cabinet..more power sounds great..i dont know..i would like to find the roght woofer eighteen sound for wsx...
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:14pm
i hope here to learn more that i know..thank you...
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:21pm
Why dont you start by explaining why you want a horn loaded subbass solution? What are you trying to achieve?
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:37pm
my risk is to go in jail..i cannot no more go to free parties illegal..if cops saw me one more time there i go to jail..and now im under to be processed..i would like to make a little soundsystem on my own to play my passion at home or where i want outdoor previous asking to the owner of the land if i can make music for X hours..i cannot live without feel theese basses and deep kicks in front of me...thats my passion...and i would like to make a soundsystem that can feel me like this..i search sbh before that cause its big and wide and i thought that could be great for 18lw2600..but here people told me that is not the right resonnance that i search..so i read around this forum and around the web what kind of cabinet is the best for me..i red 1850 or wsx is good for that but i dont know if sounds good with this woofer..i could change type of woofer but always Eighteen Sound bc high quality and good price....sorry for long message but i started to write down my life happenings why i would like to build up this sound for my passion...
wsx i heared thats good for me, so shall i change woofer for this cabinet? or could be right? please explain me..im here for my passion and to learn something new..thank you all..
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:44pm
i hope u can understand me..
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 5:06pm
I can understand you just fine.

The right solution, whether you like it or not is a reflex sub. They may not look as interesting as a folded horn, but they will provide you with deep, loud, low distortion bass and sub where you want it, right by the speakers, not in your next door neighbours garden or yard!

It also helps a great deal that the majority of drivers manufactured today are designed for use in compact reflex tuned enclosures. 

The twin 15” push pull reflex sub design on the 18 sound website will do everything you need and more.
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 5:16pm
ok, i understand but i have no problem of neighbours..i have a reflex 300w sub that i use indoor and all goes well..if will make this project i will use it often outdoor..i thank you so much but i would like to find something that goes good with wsx if possible..could you help me to search a woofer here good for it?

https://www.eighteensound.it/en/products/lf-driver
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 5:32pm
i live outside the city theres no problem about loud sounds
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 7:01pm
Chis is correct in saying a reflex is your best option, however if you go for the horn then with good driver the WSX is head and shoulders above an 1850.
Toss Out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toss Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 7:36pm
@concept-10

ah ok...but why is better reflex? does woofer 18lw2600 is too much powerful for wsx?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>