Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andybattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1850
    Posted: 11 August 2006 at 12:40pm

HEY ive got a soundsystem and am adding some 1850s to it. ive had them all cut and ready to put together but am wondering if there is a certain order to do it? the easyest way and if there is anyone who can advise me where the handles can be situated so that its balanced well when being carried?and doesnt topple forwards or backwards. cheers ANDY

Soulshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 1:07pm
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=guide wili help you alot in how to do it!
Thank God
Fushion Julz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fushion Julz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 7:54pm
I assembled mine starting at the top and at the front...so the small pieces that are the outer edge...then moving onto the baffle and the horn path internal sections followed by the bottom of the rear chamber and finally the bottom braces...
Be aware that the braces can be a tad problematical as they are the hardest to get a retaining screw into whilst the glue sets!

As for handles: The first pair I made has two handles in the sides of the rear chamber...Unfortnately, this isn't so great for carrying tham with, although it isn't too bad when you are just shiffting them about...
For the second pair, I decided to cut off the back section at the bottom of the horn path and fitted a pair of casters here and two spring-loaded handles to the access panel on the back...So they tip and wheel ...This is moderately successful...There is a small issue in that if you want to use them standing on their base (as opposed to their sides) they can tip backwards if the mids/tops are on top of them and the weight is predominantly to the rear (MT122s)...Work fine on their sides, though.

When I build the next 4 (coming soon) I will leave the cabinets rectangular but put 4 casters on the back and 4 large metal handles on the sides, but facing the rear...(first ones the handles faced top/bottom)
FUSHION SOUNDSYSTEM

www.fushion.org.uk
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 7:55am
look at my '186 build diary' in the post before ... thats exactly how i did it step by step and it worked beautifully! same as 1850 .. slightly different dimentions only
 Post Reply Post Reply