Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandmaspinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1850
    Posted: 02 November 2004 at 9:04pm
 buildin 1850's,anyone got cutting list written up? gunna cut em on cnc router,any advice ect very welcome,any one wanting flat pack or possibly built up cabs,givuz a shout.
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 9:35pm
Where are you based?
seymour simms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seymour simms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 7:06pm
ello mate where r u based?gives us a email on seymoursimms@rock.com i wanna no if u build any other speaker boxes and i wanna price cheers mate
gatecloser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatecloser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 6:46pm
 am in suffolk area,gunna take a bit of organising and stuff but in theory ill cut out and possibly build any type of enclosure,jus let  me get a few together and me head round how to pull the wool over the owners eyes.will post as soon as i get anywhere,i may be sometime!! wheres best for 8xv1000? pro audio parts or any1 know anywhere better? happy days.....
harder,faster,louder,more.till were unconscious on the floor. or summat.
loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 8:05pm
proaudioparts are the only void distributor in the UK AFAIK, even if if they aint i can guarantee theyll be cheapest
mate did you get my email? please get back to me ASAP cos i need to know whether that is possible
cheers
PASC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PASC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2004 at 6:07pm

1850-Looneybins - I've made two boxes and tryed something new on it. First I used Oversound 18" Sub800(www:oversound.com.br) See it at http:www.mixcat.com. - 2nd I've used all the possible back chamber volume +-70l and vented it directly in the horn with Fb in turn of 39. This will let the speaker go a bit down in the lowend(Bill Fitzmaurice used it too in some of his designs published in Speaker Building Magazine(there y'll find all his designs free published-except tuba30)detailing how he gained response in low end firing ducts directly in the horn-also tried to obtain a patent on it without success-already patented before fifties).

As the box will work lay down on sides I put the ducts just before the first folding, angled about 30 degrees for better flowing of the air using  two 50mm ducts(mach OK up to 800Wrms) and near the sides and so the heat has a way outside thru the horn before warming up the back chamber and could be out pumped thru the ducts minimazing compression effect(hot air went up and thru the upper duct).

Also note that the 40Hz note was there playing a test CD notes, but with some loss at around 60Hz(have to work more on it problably increasing Fb).

If all works OK no need of X1.

Hoping it helps increase low performance of the horn...

PauloDuto

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 11:05am

PASC ive seen that article on a CAR forum,i dont know where it is now.Interesting idea to port the rear chamber into the horn.I dont see any problems with doing this. Perhaps the 60hz hole is due to Loss of Rear chamber so irregular response.

Regards

Mike.e

roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by PASC PASC wrote:

1850-Looneybins - I've made two boxes and tryed something new on it. First I used Oversound 18" Sub800(www:oversound.com.br) See it at http:www.mixcat.com. - 2nd I've used all the possible back chamber volume +-70l and vented it directly in the horn with Fb in turn of 39.  

Hey Paulo are u based in Brasil? I'm in SP state at the moment, are you anywhere near Campinas? Nice idea for the horn, i've found the sub-800 to be a phenominally good driver for the price.

cheers,
Rob
What I cannot create, I do not understand
freddyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 6:09pm
James Novak (Jensen)vented rear wave into horn - musta been otgher - maybe HF Olson (?)

@ PASC - does your vent start just after the first reflector? - trying to visualize duct placement and dimensions = cool trick if balances OK
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 11:08pm

this seems like a cool idea, i will have to read the fitzmaurice stuff..

but wont the rear compression chamber be venting the reverse phase into the horn path.. and possibly hence the 65hz decreese from phase cancellations?

if theres any more light any1 can shed on this/..

ive got 2x 1850 drivers waiting for a big basshorn project!!

but i really wanna get to around 30hz with 2 cabs, even if theyre monsters

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 11:18pm

Minaximal,yes they will be MONSTERS. I could do a customised 40hz horn. The PD1850s are 55hz horns i think. Big difference.Just give me a PM

Can you fit flare extenders? perhaps 2 will be okay then!

Cheers!

minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 3:47pm

PASC' s idea to modify the 1850 horns by venting the rear chamber, and then if we extended the horn flare could be an interesting combination.. although i am yet to find the fitzmaurice papers on the venting principles.. any1 know which forum may have them?

id be concerned about unloading the driver tho..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>