Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

186 vs WSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 186 vs WSX
    Posted: 10 June 2012 at 1:44am
Hi. I am just planning my next rig and have narrowed the bass down to 4x 186s or WSXs with a pair of Martin H3s on top.
It will be mostly playing Trance but also Rock/regge, and anything else that comes along realy.
The thing is i don't know much about the WSX. Most of what i have read on here has spoken about them with d&b 
I get the impression the 186s will be punchier for the trance?

It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it!
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 6:35pm

Ive always been satisfied with my 4 wsx subs using it mainly on live bands.What i dont like is its weight and size.Never used a 186 though so no comparison at all for me.Inputs will be very much appreciated.

Edited by ychole audio - 29 January 2013 at 7:28pm
I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
marc7885 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc7885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 3:50pm
we have 4 pd loaded 1850s (i no not quite the same) and 4 void loaded wsx which we use for mainly prog and hard trance also dnb. personally i think your about right, the wsx come down abit lower and they have a warmer, deeper sound to them, wear as the 1850 espes with the pds in them def have more of a punch to them this isnt to say u can turn your nose up and the wsx as they are themselves pretty punchy

personally if ur going 1 or the other i would pick the wsx as i believe u get more from the fact they drop lower than the difference in the punch between them.

anyone disagree with me out of interest??
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 3:44pm
as you are using the H3's, be nice to use the WSX's and keep it half-arsed 'martin'
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply