Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18sound 12ND930 vs Faital 12FH520

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18sound 12ND930 vs Faital 12FH520
    Posted: 30 August 2020 at 7:33pm
Does anyone have experience with either of both of these drivers in a compact full-range system? They both model similarly and their specs are quite close. I'm just wondering whether the extra expense of the 18sound is worth it.

Edited by stevie - 30 August 2020 at 7:34pm
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 9:21pm
we use those faitals for quite a while, in BPHs though, 80-400hz, no issues so far.. they seem happy to take a beating for sure..
cant comment on a/b real world experience vs. the 18sound in standard reflex setup though..
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:02pm
Thanks for that bassenmass. I'm leaning towards the Faitals at the moment because they're cheaper, although I'd pay more if I thought the 18sounds were worth it. Doesn't look like it from the spec sheets though - but they don't tell the whole story and I'm reluctant to fork out that kind of money just to test one.
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:18pm
..we also use 14ndl76s.. guess the 12" version is just as good..
ndl88 is not worth it most of the times imo, lose efficiency for a tad lower tuning and more powerhandling, resulting in the same output yet higher distortion within required passband?! ;)
nd930 is like 10-15years old by now?
the faital aint worse, yet cheaper, if i was you i would look into mildly horn loaded options like the ht210 (despite its horrbile HF Horn/Details) :)
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2020 at 11:58am
Just a quick FWIW that I've been running the 10" version of the Faitals for a few years now. Consistently excellent, even when dropping kilowatt peaks into each driver.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 11:40am
Cheers, Chris.
 Post Reply Post Reply