Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 hogs and 4 Hd15s?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 hogs and 4 Hd15s?
    Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:24pm
hello
in the process of loading up some cabinets and unfortunately do not have enough money to buy all the drivers at once so was wondering if running two hogs to four HD15s and two tops would produce an unbalanced sound in anyway? thanks 
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:36pm
I saw Gash Soundsystem do a clash in Manc many moons ago using that ratio of HDs to Hogs with I think community tops. It was 4 Hogs with 8 HDs though.

It was absolutely killer. Too loud for the venue. I just rammed my ears full of all the filter tips I could get my hands on because they were out of earplugs.

I would have thought in smaller stacks like 2 Hogs this would be an even better choice as HDs need at least 4 to really start working.
Don't test the champignon sound
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:05pm
i did a venue with 350+ people with 2 hogs, 3 es18, 3 tops because of noise problems and it went well.
if you can, lowering down the crossover points of the hd15s especially if they are stacked together may help
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
 Post Reply Post Reply