Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2" tractrix horn, any interest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 4:52pm
Big improvement on the mk 1 design :)

70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 6:11pm
Just interested why 300HZ, I may be interested in a couple of these

Top banana
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

Just interested why 300HZ, I may be interested in a couple of these

The concept for me was to go over FLH mid bass that cover 90-370hz without the need for a separate mid high horn. With a coaxial, will appear as a 3 way system opposed to 4 and wont have masses of unneeded overlapped responses.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 28 February 2017 at 6:48pm
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Big improvement on the mk 1 design :)

Using unconventional methods to attain a general idea on what a concept can become is the art of a creative mind.

Usually one 300 Hz horn per column should get the job done. It is nice to see someone focusing on midrange for once than the never ending threads on bass and treble.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 7:31pm
Interesting.. what driver do you think would be best or the horn, TBH, I dont really understand, is the horn covering 90-370HZ then?

Top banana
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

Interesting.. what driver do you think would be best or the horn, TBH, I dont really understand, is the horn covering 90-370HZ then?

A 300 Hz horn covers 300 Hz - 20 kHz

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 7:53pm
Thanks, yes, that is what I thought
Top banana
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 7:58pm
bms 4590 or 4592 coaxial
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Using unconventional methods to attain a general idea on
what a concept can become is the art of a creative mind.

Usually one 300 Hz horn per column should get the job done. It
is nice to see someone focusing on midrange for once than the never ending
threads on bass and treble.

Needs to be done with the aim Good vocal reproduction in the mids with FLH'S instead of bph

With james secker and teunos help, thanks guys.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 28 February 2017 at 8:13pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 10:51pm
On the subject of the mouth termination, I hadn't zoomed in on the image so it wasn't clear that there was a radius there.  Obviously the bigger the radius the better but I guess that conflicts with my other point about the size so there has to be a compromise somewhere.

If they were just a touch smaller then I'd be very tempted to get some to play with the B&C DCX50 but I'm very keen on trying to keep my cabs within the standard truck pack width.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 6:37am
Is the DCX50 still available? I'm hoping to find a pair to try in a different big horn (EV HP640)
https://www.instagram.com/batteryacidsoundsystem/
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 7:56am
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Needs to be done with the aim Good vocal reproduction in the mids with FLH'S instead of bph

With james secker and teunos help, thanks guys.

Love that, quite interesting, yet I still have a weak spot for low compression phaseplugged mids, but I love straight kicks!

Yet the illustration makes my nose wrinkle, why all this good work for a comb filter wall?
Another idea popped into my head: It would be amazing with some comparable real world measurements to compare different sub designs like hog, th18, CBe, Keystone, scoops, flh.
I know some has been done with scoop (danger word:-)

A big row of hogs & ths always makes me wonder if you wouldn't be better of with FLH due to the low-end coupling? Of course this depends on the use, if it's sometimes just 1 / 2 subs ths are probably better.
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>