Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 x 18 using BMS 18n850v2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 x 18 using BMS 18n850v2
    Posted: 18 April 2011 at 10:11pm

Hello,

Planning on building two double 18 reflex bins to partner a pair of Martin H3's - these are being used in small spaces and the emphasis is on quality, true low end and smooth response hence the reasoning behind the low fs long excursion drivers. BMS 18n850V2

Wanted to know if anyone had experience of with these drivers in a 2 x 18 reflex cab? Any reccomendations on vent layout - 4 corner vents similar to Martin WSX218? I can forsee vent noise being a real issue if not careful. Plannign on tuning @ 32hz.

They will be driven by a T2000 per cab and processed with XTA DPA226

Any input or comments appreciated,

Cheers,

Luke
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 7:37am
Vent them as to you preference, keep the vent area fairly large if you want to lower potential noise, I tend to under-port my designs to try and keep a modicum of control below Fb.

140-200L nett per driver tuned as you say should get you there. Look out for port length if you have a large port area, they get long at this frequency is smallish cabs.

Have a look at the Tannoy twin 18" VS218DR and L'Acoutics SB28 for similar cabs. Note the size of the Tannoy.
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
crafty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the input tony,

I hear you are the man to talk to about supplying these drivers? Could you contact me with a price for 4. Also is there much of a cost difference between the 18n850v2 and the 18n860? Looks like the 860 would be better for true sub work.

Cheers,

Luke
 Post Reply Post Reply