Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21” Tapped horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2018 at 10:44am
Originally posted by IvCu IvCu wrote:

Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

Hi
Give a look at diyaudio subwoofer forum, there is a thread about "30Hz tapped horn" that contains 21 inch designs and ideas.
The Othorn is the 21 tapped horn I d like to hear... And danley 221.
Am over there already been reading alot over the last few months, I got Josh’s Othorn on the table as we speak, I like a balanced setup so the cab should be about 950mm deep or more cause the martin’s are like 930mm , I don’t like the kicks sticking out over the subs , lots of the designs, on there have maybe wrong size for me or don’t go low . Our Br’s which is my design do 25hz so I want to stay down there , Danley most too much , I don’t copy stuff from pro companies, unless they are 20years old and I get a thumbs up, from designers. I got a drawing or two of my own, so I needed abit of inspiration. That’s all , i’ve Heard the Danley 18” , sounded very clean and low kind of sound you fall in love with. If you get what I mean . 

hi Father-Francis, 

I'm running othorn + martin215mk3 combo for some time already, send me a pm if interested 

they fit really well! 

Cheers Ivan 

Really nice! 
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by IvCu IvCu wrote:

Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

Hi
Give a look at diyaudio subwoofer forum, there is a thread about "30Hz tapped horn" that contains 21 inch designs and ideas.
The Othorn is the 21 tapped horn I d like to hear... And danley 221.
Am over there already been reading alot over the last few months, I got Josh’s Othorn on the table as we speak, I like a balanced setup so the cab should be about 950mm deep or more cause the martin’s are like 930mm , I don’t like the kicks sticking out over the subs , lots of the designs, on there have maybe wrong size for me or don’t go low . Our Br’s which is my design do 25hz so I want to stay down there , Danley most too much , I don’t copy stuff from pro companies, unless they are 20years old and I get a thumbs up, from designers. I got a drawing or two of my own, so I needed abit of inspiration. That’s all , i’ve Heard the Danley 18” , sounded very clean and low kind of sound you fall in love with. If you get what I mean . 

hi Father-Francis, 

I'm running othorn + martin215mk3 combo for some time already, send me a pm if interested 

they fit really well!

Cheers Ivan 

Love the all horn stack!
Jay michali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay michali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2019 at 5:57am
That Martin and Othorn stack!  Please tell us what you think of this combo?
Cheif_Stringer_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2019 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Jay michali Jay michali wrote:

That Martin and Othorn stack!  Please tell us what you think of this combo?

/\ what he said
"nice one matee"
IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2019 at 8:28pm
Combo works great! I experiment a lot with eletronic/acoustical crossover points and results just keep getting more interesting. The only downside for many people is that combo like this is impossible to tune by ear - you really have to spend time measuring boxes and figure out how they work, especially together
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2019 at 10:15pm
I spent a long time modelling and drawing this design but never got round to building a prototype. It's 21" and 1220*850*610mm. Probably only does 35Hz but was designed to optimise max output per unit volume. Uses two sheets of wood plus another half sheet for bracing and double thickness mouth walls. I was going to mount the driver on a separate baffle to provide clearance and so that different throat arrangements could be tried. If anyone wants to experiment with a new design I can send the .dwg file

kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2019 at 12:33pm
Are you set on a tapped horn?

I've been messing about with ideas for a 21" ported horn that is coming together nicely. It really seems to shine with the 21DS115  driver, but I can try and make a few adjustments see how your driver will go in it. 

I'm gonna pull up an old thread I started about it later today and get some people's thoughts. 

K
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 4:47pm
Ported & tapped horns are both BP6's!

Ported horn = parallel tuned BP6.
Tapped horn = series tuned BP6.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2019 at 5:10pm
Yes boss Am still hooked on the tapped horn , i’ Had two B&C 152’s standing here for too long .
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12