Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24V Bluetooth Speaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 8:57pm
Like I said, not an efficient way of making it, but that's not the point.
Originally posted by I-shen Soundboy I-shen Soundboy wrote:

With the relatively cubic design, v2.0 could be knocked up with a bit of standard cabimetmaking.

How boring Wink

The fine line is an interesting idea, but I like it as a byproduct of the construction.
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Jebimasta Jebimasta wrote:

I'm actually not so sure about the battery charging bit... I've used a lab power supply set to CC/CV mode and it charged fine. I'm guessing a boost board that does the same thing will also work. I'm assuming it will work as a normal power supply when the speaker is plugged in and on/working. How it interacts with a full battery is a mystery to me hahah.

I know lots of other people have done this before, wonder how they did it?

Are you taking into account that a lithium pack should be balanced by the charger after the constant current & constant voltage phases are complete?
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 12:41pm
Eden,

Yeah the battery protection board has a balancing function and it appeared to do the trick when I used the CC/CV lab power supply.

Just a little update, I've not done anything for a week or so, tidied up a bit of wiring but that's about it.

I've decided that rewiring the bluetooth status LED was too much of a pain in the arse so I'm using a photoresistor splodged on top of the existing LED to turn on a transistor and light up the switch that way. should have that circuit sorted sometime next week and I can concentrate on applying some finishing touches!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic