Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 X-tro per side

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 X-tro per side
    Posted: 29 September 2006 at 4:27am

How big of a crowd can be covered with 3 X-tro per side.

After too much thinking and having dilemas about new tops, X-tro seems like most versatile solution for my needs. I already have 12 KappaPro15LF that i can use and can find 18Sound 8M400 for the 8 section, cd driver will most probably be Cellestion 1,4 driver on some 60x40 horn that i will have to find.

I am doing corporate events with moderate spl but also live gigis and techno/trance praties.

I am ok with the sub section (will build 12 WSX soon) so at the end will be 6 WSX and 3 X-tro per side.

Let me here what you think.
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2006 at 10:29am
Hello,

I simulated Eminence Kappa 15 in the X-tro and this looks good. But I thought the pro-version of this driver has different T/S parameters? If that is the case an other check needs to be done to be sure these drivers will work.

Also I did not test the 18Sound 8" in the midhorn. I do not know if this will sound as good as the B&C but I heard from a guy who used the 18Sound and he said it sounded very well.

As for the 1" drivers, the B&C sound amazing voor the money. If you use these you at least have one of the original components ;-) But, of course you can try whatever drivers you want. However, the performance en proccesor settings we found are based on the original 18Sound and B&C components.

Please also check if the magnet of your 15" drivers fits in the small back chamber.

Best regards,

Walt
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 5:50am
Thank for the reply walt.
I will try to simulate the behavior of the Kappa Pro and see if any modification is needed.

As I said no B&C drivers here

Can someone please give me the slightest idea of how well will 3 per side work.

Thank you all.

Oh... another question for Walt.
On your web are pictures of DB B2 sub building. Is it true that it need a lot of processing to sound good? That is my other option for a sub box.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 6:56am
a rough guess would be that you can cover about 2000-3000 people outdoor, maybe more with live music with enough subbass underneath 
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 8:33am
Im interested in how 3 horizontally arrayed will integrate - Path length cancellations.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 6:36pm
i wanna see the plots using the standard kappa 15.......
markk.
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply