Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

32a 230v distro and wiring questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordmayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 32a 230v distro and wiring questions
    Posted: 14 July 2022 at 1:08am
Ello 

I've been lurking for a few months now but left with a few questions when going about my first build which will include 5 amps for a total of about 7kw rms.

I'm in the UK, I have a inverter generator which supply's 32a at 230v via 3 pin ecc.

Looking at a simple power distro on thomann, all their distros are 400v /5pin ecc input.

Can I use a 3pin to 5 pin ecc plug from generator into the power distro?

fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 5:20am
One of these will do, you need one with a 3 pin blue input connector, not the red 5 pin connector.

https://www.rubberbox.co.uk/32A-supply/

3 pin is single phase, 5 pin is 3-phase.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 3:31pm
Make sure you have a 30ma RCD in there and somewhere for the earth to go (Ideally not through a human)
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Fordmayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordmayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 9:19pm
Thanks for the replies, that supplier looks quality in terms of boxes to use.

Another question I gave is about power output... I know I'm going to get shot down here, but my generator puts out 7.5kw burst and 7kw continuous..

The system ive planned uses 4x pd1850, 4xpd 154, 4x 12ndl76 and 4 100w comp drivers. total rms output is 7.2kw. Amplifier output can provide 10kw at respective channels and ohm.

Is there really any time I'd use the full 7.2/10kw? 

Is it worth having the full system and to keep the levels reduced so it doesn't cause egenerator problems, or to just remove some aspects of the system?

Would you remove 1x pd154, 12ndl76 and Comp driver or something different?

The answer seems obvious but I don't want to Confused
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:55pm
The rated output of an amp is a lot greater than the current it draws from the wall. 
I’ve had a 8k rig running through a distro that showed around 12a max draw from the wall, so around 2,800w

From my experience a genny half the rated output of the amps is fine.

Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 2:36am
First, for UK use a 32A feed MUST be 30/30mA, so RCDs are waste of time unless you run off Gensets etc.

Second, shout Conor up @ Guildford Cable Company on Face book, as he does this stuff day in day out and will make you something custom, safe and above all fit for purpose!!!

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
 Post Reply Post Reply