Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

32a 3phase rack distro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 32a 3phase rack distro
    Posted: 05 November 2022 at 3:48pm
Anyone know are there any rack mount distros 32a 3phase to 3 x 32a 1phase ?

I looked around internet and couldn't find any of the shelf .
thanks

Edited by lickweed - 05 November 2022 at 3:53pm
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

Anyone know are there any rack mount distros 32a 3phase to 3 x 32a 1phase ?

I looked around internet and couldn't find any of the shelf .
thanks

The Thomann 3PH 32a distro with Meters per phase, has 2x16a 1ph per phase, and also a 3PH32A chain output.

Some people have had unit converted, to 1x 32a Powercon per phase, and 1x 32a Breaker per phase.

Not sure if 32a Output Powercons, exist yet.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 5:26pm
Thanks , i think  you talking about botex psa 321.

Looking for ready solution
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 10:39pm
never seen 32/3 to 3*32/1 available in a rack format.

powercon 32A is only available as an inlet not as an outlet.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2022 at 12:18pm
Please use caution with cheap thomann distros
We bought one many years ago, 2 16A breakers broke down quite early (as in permanently off, which is not dangerous but quite annoying !)  please bear in mind they did not have to actually cut due to over current but just broke due to a manual trigger.
Of course when I wanted to adress the problem the product was just out of warranty (partly my fault though) and thomann has not been of any use on this one (I reckon their customer service is usually quite good) by not being able to provide replacments or even a reference or a supplier.
When wanting to replace them i found that it was not to the EU standards and 2 plugs are inverted. I had to refit all 6 of them and bend the ground connecting comb backwards to be able to fit without having to recable everything. The brand was very cheap chinese one, I went to all of the shops of my town and nobody ever seen that.
Long story short now it's fitted with Legrand breakers that hopefully won't fail but it was a massive PITA  to replace them.
The model is stairville_pd_332_power_distributor_32a
The breakers were of brand "rogy"
I can't comment on the Botex but I suspect it use similar very cheap components.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2022 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

Please use caution with cheap thomann distros

2012 I bought the  Thomann/Botex PSA 321.

Early 2013, after much advice, and instructions by many knowledgeable sound dudes, I upgraded all the breakers, to "authentic" German units.

Had to get breakers off French eBay, as double pole type C in UK, were arm, leg and kidney each.

Not skipped a beat since, most prized possession.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

powercon 32A is only available as an inlet not as an outlet.

My point exactly.

Some naughty dudes want the reduced size of 32A Powercon on rack panel, so just get powercon 32a sockets/plugs, and, erm, you know what..
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2022 at 2:22pm
Apple were doing exactly that in their UK stores last time i noticed, 32A powercon panel mount inlet in the floor, coiled cable with a 32A powercon outlet on it to feed all the appliances on the demo benches…..
For a rack distro, you could easily have outputs on hardwired tails through stuffing glands on the back of the distro case. Something like this is usually best as a custom build, either do it yourself and get it tested by an electrician if you have the skills or get it made from scratch for you. 
Any local sheet metal company could make the casework at very reasonable cost.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Apple were doing exactly that in their UK stores last time i noticed, 32A powercon panel mount inlet in the floor, coiled cable with a 32A powercon outlet on it to feed all the appliances on the demo benches…..

when you see a male ceeform it's nice to be able to assume that the exposed contacts aren't live!
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 1:11pm
At least the contacts on the powercon inlets are not directly touchable, and im guessing the only reason it never got brought up on a periodic inspection is that most electricians, industrial or domestic would be knowledgeable of such connectors. Maybe someone worked it out in the end and got rid of it all.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply