Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 channel amplifier recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 channel amplifier recommendations
    Posted: 05 February 2018 at 1:33pm
Looking at options for a reasonably priced 4 channel amplifier to power a pair of 12” 1000w subs and pair of 8” coax tops.

Not looking to spend X4 money, but it’s needs to be decent sounding and fairly reliable as it will be left in a venue running most days of the week.

Any recommendations?
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 3:18pm
I’ve been using a sae PQM13 for a few years with now issues .

And a thomann tsa 4x1300 for about a year, also no issues but prefer the sae sound wise.
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:04pm
+1 for the Thomann 4ch 1300. I’ve been running my double 15 turbo wedges with one and it has plenty of power, reliable and sounds great.
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:26pm
Second hand FFA 6004 for a grand and then a couple of hundred on the new generation DSP board
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 5:24pm
What is the dsp like in the ffa these days?
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 9:27pm
I’ve got a crest 10004 for sale. It’s heavy, but if its going in an install then that’s not a problem. Reliable, in very good condition and will output above specs. Pm me if you’re interested .
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2018 at 3:12am
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

What is the dsp like in the ffa these days?

It’s an NST board, basically XTA heritage
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2018 at 7:52am
I’ve a mint PQM13 for sale for sensible money if you’re interested?
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2018 at 1:58pm
PQM13 if you want good on a budget...

I think Bee has some newer variants coming in that take them back up to or in excess of the quality of the Gen1 PQMs?
 Post Reply Post Reply