Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 SOUNDSYSTEMS IN 1 VENUE....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 12:01pm
Big weekend for me again!!! Going down to Bournemouth, link a few of my old crews from way back wen!!! (got a bed for the night) Then we're going to Hytal Bosrah & Channel One @ the 02 Academy Bournemouth, Bush tell me he's dragging out his 21" Exclamation  ................"ouch"

Then we're treking to London for Sunday to listen to my fav soundman dem.................Thumbs Up

(just had the 4x4 serviced, so it ready for another 12,000 miles LOL)

Peace......................... Big smile

Edited by Gee136 - 12 August 2011 at 12:29pm
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 12:06pm
the mighty ass 21 folded horns...........serious 23 stone cab!!!!!!!
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
balistic_sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balistic_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 8:28pm
This Sunday people.
Don't underestimate no sound!
Eternity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 6:21pm
Yes people, this sunday (straight after your rice and peas) 47 St Thomas Street, London Bridge SE1 3QX.  Gonna be an interesting evening.  Blessings to Wassie One, Ballistic and Ebony Showcase for taking part, we gonna raise the roof wid some bass line!  Lets try and make this a good one!  Would be good to put some faces to some of the names on the forum.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 10:14am
Yes peps, tomorrow..................... Travelling up from Bournemouth for this one..................

P.S
Luton_soundman got flyers & SD card for you bro............. Thumbs Up

Peace................. Big smile

Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 11:59pm
Yeah man! Gonna pass through and represent!!
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 7:39am
Nice vibes last night, all four sounds played well, I've got pics, I'll post some up soon, nuff respects Eternity.

Peace....................... Big smile

soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 11:20am
Well where do I start! First and foremost, blessings to all the 4 sounds that took part. I never got there till after 7 due to work but as I entered the venue (which is huge!) Ballistic were playing.

The sounded sounded clean and the bass was round. But when I looked at their stack they only had 2 bass bins.. All I can say was they sounded bloody heavy for 2 bass bins and 2 kicks. Overall for what they had, they sounded better than some of the sounds that were using 4. Their selection of tunes throughout the night was good. They had power issues towards the end of the night as their sound cut out and fried the 13amp socket but they got up and running within 15 mins or so so big respects Ballistic!

Next up was Eternity. I have never heard a sound so heavy in my life and thats the honest truth. Ive hear them once before at a rice and peas sesion and they definately heaveir this time round. I believe they were using 4 bass bins and and 2 kicks (although they looked the same as their bass bins so I could be wrong) but for 4 or 6 bass bins they definately raised the bar! I didnt get a chance to talk to them to confirm. Maybe someone can correct me on that point. They had 6 mids and tops to go with their bass. When they signed on you heard a significant difference in the sound. They were louder, cleaner and crisper and their tops section was firing. Then they turned on the bass and my gosh did they have some bass.   The whole place shook (even though it was concrete) and dust started falling from the ceiling, no lie. Dem man dere have a serious system and more bass than any sound I've heard in the last couple of years. I couldnt get to see what amp they were using on bass but someone told me it was a Crest. Music selection was on point.

Next up was Ebony Showcase.   They made me laugh cos before they played their first tune, the mic man said that the next time they play with Eternity, they will set up under a gazebo and the dust from the ceiling kept was falling onto their set! Any how Ebony to me have always been consistent in the past. Their set up is simple and their boxes are always set up the same. They had 4 ligwa mini scoops with 4 kick bins and 4 mids (double 12's) with tops built into their mids. They sounded good for what they had and their bass on the mini scoops was on point. At cerain points during the nite their mids and tops sounded very flat but then at the end of the night it sounded crisper (could have just needed tuning or some of the cd's could have been poor quality). All in all they sounded good and again, music selection was on point. At the end of the night they tried to create some controversy by stating that they are about music and entertaintment and not about having heavy bass line like Eternity! They then played a tune saying that they are a killing sound to which Ballistic stated very cleverly stated "what sounds have you killed"

Finally Twelve12 (Wassie One) As always Wassie entertained the crowd. As always playing vinyl on 1 turntable (original soundman style) and toasting some lyrics which was entertaining. He was using 4 bass bins, 3 low mids, 6 midranges and about 16 piezo tweeters. Considering he was using piezos his tops did sound crisp and his mids also sounded good. Bass was good but not as heavy somee of the others. As always his music selection was on point andwas not interested in getting into any controversy at the end of the night. Well done Wassie1

In my humble opinion I can't split the sounds on their music selection. All sounds played an excellent selection of music (with Wassie just edging it on entertainment factor) However when it came to sound quality I dont think anyone who attended the event can argue who was the heaviest sound and sounded cleanest. Here goes.......

1st. Eternity,
2nd. Ballistic (for having half as much boxes bus still keeping up)
3rd. Twelve12 aka Wassie One
4th. Ebony Showcase

Overall Entertainment

1st. Twelve12 aka Wassie
2nd. Ballistic, Ebony & Eternity (sorry, cant split them as all payed good music) Wassie just entertained more on the mic!

Would be good to hear from anyone else who attended to gauge their opinion also. Once again big respects to all 4 sounds and dont get it twisted, all 4 sounds sounded good. I repeat, they all sounded good and all would have killed many a sound that I have heard in the past at other events. I think the standards of the sounds in this particular event was just much higher than some of the other events .   I mean no disrespect to any sound mentioned but I paid my £5 and therefore giving my opnion. I am an old time soundman who no longer has a sound but love sounded business.   So before you ask, I cant do any better and have no duplates.    

Nuff respects to 8 Ball Promotions for putting on the event. Can't wait for the next one.   Blessings one and all.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 11:31am
As Eternity kept mentioning they were a soul sound system, they did sound very heavy! (didn't see any pre-amp either!)

Think they were indirectly trying to say something there. Embarrassed

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 11:34am
Would like to hear Eternity in the large Banqueting suite over in Edmonton & see how that sounds. 
**Heavy Weight-Line**
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

awesome flyer
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Eternity. I believe they were using 4 bass bins and and 2 kicks (although they looked the same as their bass bins so I could be wrong) but for 4 or 6 bass bins they definately raised the bar!

Then they turned on the bass and my gosh did they have some bass.   The whole place shook (even though it was concrete) and dust started falling from the ceiling, no lie. Dem man dere have a serious system and more bass than any sound I've heard in the last couple of years.

Mykey, you know sey is your old Wattco scoops being discussed here!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>