Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4520 box type loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntonioM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4520 box type loading
    Posted: 01 December 2013 at 11:44pm
Hi all,
I have a pair of mint condition 4520 double 15" boxes (they are Gauss marked but I think that they are exactly the same design and dimensions as the JBL) that would like to load with adequate speakers.
But, it is a sound system that won´t be used many times, so don´t want to spend much money.
So first I would like to know which speaker would best match with this kind of box. Have read that JBL 2226 would be a good option, but too expensive for me. The point is that I would like to be sure that this is correct to be able to find some less expensive speakers that match the T-S parameters of the 2226 or whatever.
And second would like to ask you all for your experiences with these boxes using other models of speakers, maybe including Beyma (can buy them here in Spain quite cheap, and there´s a bunch of 15G400 really cheap second hand), P.Audio (can get them with great discount), or other not-so-expensive brands.
Thanks.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 10:43am
Put in the Beyma and tell me what happened Wink

maybe  PD158 or PD 1550 (might be more expensive for you?)

JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:40am
Beyma 15G400 should work fine.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:58am
Yes,ditto that.
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 12:03pm
Here is a list of various second hand drivers that also work well in these..

Gauss 4583
JBL 2220,2225,E140/K140,E145/K145.
RCF L15po6c
Fane Colossus.
Be seeing you.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 2:18pm
PD154.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
AntonioM. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntonioM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 10:11am
Dear all,
First of all thanks very much.
Here in Spain it is quite easy to find used Beyma speakers, and even more in case of 15G400 as they were commonly used in many speakers. Would love to use PD but I won´t be able to source them at a proper cost, and the soundsystem being built will just be used some days a year.
So, as JR and JBL suggested me, I will buy some 15G400 and try them.
Bob4, I hope that in some weeks (I still have to decide and find a compression driver, any suggestion for a 2 inch medium to low budget?) I will be able to tell you that they boom!!! In any case, would like to live in the UK and try PDs.
Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply