Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

48M Series Amplifiers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 48M Series Amplifiers
    Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:57am
Anyone using dem, think an amp per stark max two per stark , there’s these two amps , https://linea-research.co.uk/48m-series/ , https://www.powersoft.com/en/products/touring-amps/x-series/x8 , looking to upgrade amp racks , hope it all makes sense, 
Put it this way running 4mid/tops, 4*215 kicks from one amp and subs from a two or four ch amps , I can’t remember if Dave has 8ch amps (FFA ) subs are B&C 152’s , 8ohm and it’s 8 subs 
CSG, toastyghost your advice could be used here , 4xshevo6, 4xMartin 215mk3 , all bassbins in the corner 8xskram 
Powersoft setup X8 for tops and kicks and X4L for subs , 
Linea-Research 48m for tops and kicks which of linea’s amp would you drop in for the rack for subs ?
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 2:41pm
If going fot 2x X8 you can use one per side. By doing so, you can spread the loads and gain some extra headroom becuase of Powersoft power-sharing.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 5:17pm
At this end of the market either Linear or Powersoft are going to provide a very good solution. It’s likely to come down to other considerations other than just sound quality:

Power density- X8 / X4L would win here i think
Power supplies- X series can run single or multi phase, on the continent smaller 3PNE supplies are relatively common and make power distro light and efficient 
DSP- either platform is excellent, personal preference here
AES/Dante etc- are these formats required 
Cross-hire potential, what is in other companies racks?
Price point- what are you paying for what?

Etc etc

“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:21pm
If your spending this kind of money you need to try both amps side by side. If you need I can sort a Linea demo for you.

For this set up I’d recommend a 44M20 for the subs and 48m for the kicks and tops. The extra current per channel on the 44M20 makes it better for sub.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

At this end of the market either Linear or Powersoft are going to provide a very good solution. It’s likely to come down to other considerations other than just sound quality:

Power density- X8 / X4L would win here i think
Power supplies- X series can run single or multi phase, on the continent smaller 3PNE supplies are relatively common and make power distro light and efficient 
DSP- either platform is excellent, personal preference here
AES/Dante etc- are these formats required 
Cross-hire potential, what is in other companies racks?
Price point- what are you paying for what?

Etc etc

Thanks for that boss , somethings man need to ask and make sure we are not throwing too much into a basket
without asking , nuff companies here but not all amps are here for testing . will PM you soon boss , 
Is Kyle not using linea-research , just wondering what he's running Danley's with 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:17pm
Kyle is using all powersoft if i am correct.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Smitske Thanks ,  I wasn't sure about that , I know chris' has powersoft ,thought Kyle had Linea, maybe I'l just have to take a trip over there ,it's been long since i was there .
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:57am

Yup. Still waiting for Linea to release software which takes less than 4 minutes to load a group. Six years and counting.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Yup. Still waiting for Linea to release software which takes less than 4 minutes to load a group. Six years and counting.

I kind of remember you’ve something like that before, so I see we are staying with Powersoft, you running X4L , how many B&C 152’s would you run safe off them if power is no problem? 
 Post Reply Post Reply