Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 1:58pm
Maybe we should move it into "roots n culture"?

roots music + scoops = Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LOL
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

When did you turn from "cheerful and keen to learn" to "arrogant bellend" ?

I can relate to what your saying Jake, as I too have been communicating with Tweeter as a newbie, & many have also given advice & I've have seen a drastic change, so something must have happened.

Tweeter Box & HBL, it seems to me that you've both got some personal beef / issues with each other!

i have no beef with anyone

i think hes a clown but that isnt beef.

i dont go on other peoples threads and start the bitching, they come to my threads and do it.  even if they have no particular point to make and just want to talk for the sake of it.  go and check.  the ppl who ruined it all werent even there, and had never even heard/touched a hog scoop in there lives - we both know this Tek

even in this thread, the same thing applies

you know the threads which are full of bitching , why not just not read them?  its cos they are the threads which could have been the most interesting but got ruined

there is more speaker knowledge in pm land then there isin the main forum, which is a shame.  but it has to be like this cos the few ruin it for the many
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

When did you turn from "cheerful and keen to learn" to "arrogant bellend" ?

I can relate to what your saying Jake, as I too have been communicating with Tweeter as a newbie, & many have also given advice & I've have seen a drastic change, so something must have happened.

Tweeter Box & HBL, it seems to me that you've both got some personal beef / issues with each other!

Why does it have to brought out onto the open forum ?

Can't it be settled by PM's or emails or go round each others house ? So we can read about sound knowledge in peace ?

No personal beef Teks, i just didnt like being told its not for me to know when i asked a sensible question, thats all!

But its all done now! characteristics have been shown and everybody knows whats what!

Moving on - When you do your next clash id recomend, running 2 different cabs at the same time with same drivers of individual amp channels, this way youll get to compare as they play against each other rather than trying to hear the differences one after each other! Elimination process as in Lev's "SCOOP DRIVER" thread is probably your best bet at getting at top 3 drivers/scoops, my 2 pence worth. Tongue  
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

we will do it, no question.  but we will doit quietly.  that was our mistake

HBL, I know you want to be objective and scientifc, and not be distracted by lots of bodies at the test, but the fact is lots of people are on SP just to hear/see that sort of thing.

It would probably create more strife, argument, division among members if you're next test was also closed doors.

Like I said earlier, why not invite who ever wants to come, but have pre decided list of sound engineers, panel of judges. So it is still an orderly affair?

At the first scoop clash, Tek pretty much decided what music was played, which cabs were tested. Many people made suggestions, but Tek really ran things. And there were plenty of guys there with big soundsystems.

What I wrote was then my interpretation of what everyone said.

Edited by levyte357 - 30 January 2008 at 11:58am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 11:58am
at a fair distance tweet that wouldn't be a bad idea actually
atleast you could walk one to the other, I'm with you on that one
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Like I said earlier, why not invite who ever wants to come, but have pre decided list of sound engineers, panel of judges. So it is still an orderly affair?

That is a good idea ! I am sure we can all get together to share what we love : BASS, plus get
results.

Keep it coming :)
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by GIVEorTAKE GIVEorTAKE wrote:

You are not gonna get a more disorderly situation, than  the Soundclash World Cup. Hundreds of people, plenty of soundman and scoops, testosterone and disrespect flying.

But because the judges are respected and know their business. What they say is final, and accepted globally.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

at a fair distance tweet that wouldn't be a bad idea actually
atleast you could walk one to the other, I'm with you on that one

Big%20smile
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:08pm

That is a good idea ! I am sure we can all get together to share what we love : BASS, plus get
results.

Clap

Edited by tweeter box - 30 January 2008 at 12:54pm
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:18pm

The next jest will be stictly closed doors.  Even if i am the only person there... thats how it will be

I already know who will be there, and who most definitely wont.

i realise i am very dumb and slightly deaf but what i cant understand is with all these big words of yours why dont you just do it yourself?

how difficult can it be to get a few speakers and a few speaker drivers in one place to a man who is as articulate as yourself?

so why does it matter what i chose to do or not do, as you are so superior to my humble self why not show me how its done?

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

The next jest will be stictly closed doors.  Even if i am the only person there... thats how it will be

I already know who will be there, and who most definitely wont.

Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

results.

Clap

Sorry guy's, for a moment there I thought peace making works..

HBL has decided not.

Edited by levyte357 - 30 January 2008 at 1:40pm
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 1:33pm
godwins law
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>