Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 2:31pm
looks a bit stasys Xish to me Tongue
char355 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char355 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 3:22pm
I'm sure they have nothing to worry about.

brilliant idea mykey.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

Mykey - I think that'd be a great way to do it and would allow you to tweak the tuning as required. However, the difficulty is working out a way to do it that's tweakable while still keeping the port output aligned with the horn mouth, as it seems the crucial bit in this sort of design is the phase alignment between port output and horn output.
don't take the sketch  literally, you can bend the whole thing into a 'U' shape, so the port ends up in line with the horn mouth

Edited by mykey - 05 February 2010 at 4:58pm
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 12:55pm
Yeah I thought you would have meant it like that mate, I just meant that as soon as you start tweaking the layout above the lengths and therefore the alignment would change. Def the best way to go about it though I reckon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123