Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a project i have just finished

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:35pm
thanks stu, thats a very thorough reply

thanks for taking the time, ive had the thing in bits once, i was wondering if turning it into a reflex box was possible, ie removing the current baffle and adding a new one 30 mm from the front and faffing about with vents etc, the calculations for this stuff are beyond me though at the moment, it shall remain a very cool place to park the hoover.

cheers

kev
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:40am
All i would say is if you arent going to use it for yourself probably better to leave it as is and try and sell the thing, the amp is probably ok, but since its pretty much built into the cab id be inclined to leave it as is and try and make a better result

Its going to be difficult I think to find any driver apart from maybe a 12" that would have decent results with such tiny chambers - efficiency is going to be a problem, but you might get a flatter response and higher output if you can get a higher sensitivity driver in there since 98dB is barely better than a reflex anyway

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 3:58pm
thanks stu once  again, i think i will leave the design alone, the problem with this single sub and 2 top boxes is that the average singer here will not part with so much cash for something that makes hardly any impact on the sound, hence hard to sell. i tried selling it to a bloke who wanted to beef up the sound of  a pair of ev sx200's, in the end he passed on the sub and wanted to buy the srm 450's instead.

cheers though mate al the same.

kev
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by kevin tyler kevin tyler wrote:

thanks stu once  again, i think i will leave the design alone, the problem with this single sub and 2 top boxes is that the average singer here will not part with so much cash for something that makes hardly any impact on the sound, hence hard to sell. i tried selling it to a bloke who wanted to beef up the sound of  a pair of ev sx200's, in the end he passed on the sub and wanted to buy the srm 450's instead.

cheers though mate al the same.

kev

Dear oh dear, some people just do not have a clue!

All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123