Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

aba kick bins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aba kick bins
    Posted: 28 May 2008 at 12:33am
ello,
does anyone have any idea what sort of kick bins aba is using here? (seen clearly being stacked pon top of the subs at the start of this video) I'm not asking for the exact designs, just something that will deliver a similar sound. Think I heard them or something that looked simiar being used at the last uni o dub and they sounded fantastic.

thanks,
B
mikey bear View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:05am
he is using a twin 15" ported w bin design. i believe the HD15 has a similar kick to it

Edited by mikey bear - 28 May 2008 at 1:07am
motherdubber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:13am
righto - would this design be the closest match?

thanks b
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:16am
was just looking at that one...also found this one which looks a bit more like it

http://pnq.20.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=51&sid=8b5ee3590bfc6dbc44cfe8cedeb1babf

Edited by mikey bear - 28 May 2008 at 1:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:58am
many thanks, that looks pretty beef

as we'll be loading them with fane collosus xbs this design also caught my eye:

though i imagine building two of these would be more hassle than the design you just pointed out and maybe sound less impressive (?)
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:23am
Probably aba uses a wbin eminence design. The porting is so similar.
The plans posted by motherdubber and by mickey bear aren't so good to be ported cause the porting has to be done on the rear chamber, not on the horn. But this only my opinion regarding other wbin plan.

Cheers, bitzo

Edited by bitzo - 28 May 2008 at 10:29am
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:19am
If you look at the video you will see the DB Keele vented bass horn, it's not tall enough for two 15s.

Here is the original article and the plans:

I've heard them as subs for live music, they're quite good.

"is for a K151, an 18" low Qts driver.

I've heard these before, they have a lot more bass for even just one cabinet than even a stacked pair of (stock) LaScala. The rear chamber is about 5 cu ft, and tuned to about 35hz. My vented LaScala mod is about the same size and tuning. The Vas on the JBL K151 is only about 20% higher than the Klipsch K43E, and the JBL design would also benefit from a Q=2 high pass filter to boost the low end below 50hz and protect from LF signals below the port tuning frequency. The Klipsch K43E is capable of higher volume displacemet than the K151, and so will actually have more maximum output.

The JBL box sounded much better than the non-vented C-V B48 of similar size, basically a 64hz W-bin. "
djk
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by _djk_ _djk_ wrote:

If you look at the video you will see the DB Keele vented bass horn, it's not tall enough for two 15s.

i have to disagree with you here, as i have seen aba shanti use these boxes several times and you can actually see 2 x 15" drivers through the port holes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 3:05pm
the sheer level of sound blasting out of them would make me think they were twin loaded. As i said im not too bothered exactly what design they are but just wanted something that can deliver similar performance for my drivers. As we already have 4 massive 18" cabinet (the design of which is unknown, i"ll post photos soon) im looking for something that can really drive from around 100hz up to the highest kick bass, as these seemed to be the frequencies aba was driving through them (not sure of this though?)
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 3:08pm
The youtube movie that you sent is quite old.... Aba use two different configuration one double reflex for each stack or 4 folded horn, don't know what design...
amcron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 3:33pm
that is a court black box 2x15 bass bin the low box from the blackbox system.

i have a few off these for sale if you are interested in buying any.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motherdubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 5:39pm
bitzo when i heard him at SEone he was using the twin 15 configuration for each stack- this is the type of cabinet i would like.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>