Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

above 4 scoop...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by silworm silworm wrote:

@King David: Which of the B&C drivers would you reckon to work good as a midbass driver? In your opinion, would the PD1550 or PD156 work well in this box?

PD1550 is a filthy beast, especially in right horn cab.

Ask Shant-I.. Embarrassed

double ported wbin?
silworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:33pm
Ok Levyte,  this PD1550 was sugested to me by JTS as a good driver for a reflex enclosure, but I'm glad to know that they can work well in a horn too. What horn are you referring to?
This way I might start with a simple design and maybe move to horn in the future without having to swap drivers.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 5:03pm

for pure upper bass b&c 15plb76...as ceharden suggests here

in the end i built es18 bandpass horns, they are ok, a bit too big and heavy for 1 man lift but do the job very well, nice bass, nice throw, a bit strange when you are very near the stack.
if i would just need a box to just play dub, i would build reflex, good for small places, good for bigger ones when fed with enough power, easy to build, and yes not funny but i'm not funny anyway...LOL

Edited by king david - 23 February 2010 at 5:14pm
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:45am
but he sayd also that the nw76 doing the job better with some more power...or i wrong?

Edited by _Natty_ - 24 February 2010 at 8:47am
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:12pm
first test....

king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:23pm

looks great!!!ClapClapClap

a stack like this would really give justice to roots/dubwise!

only thing i must add is...100hz hpf on the jbl is too high, i'm sure they kick hard! 
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 8:14pm
looks wicked Thumbs Up

cross to the JBL midbass at 85hz
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 8:19am
_natty_ have you load the wbin with a double 15" or a single 18"?
joseph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 9:48am
i use the b&c 15 box , simple box , on my 4 way system , playing roots & dub ... very very good cabs !!

see in myspace/jahmilitant , photos section, cultural dub temple II ... just build dem recently and it was the 1st time i played with those kick box ... very good results , loaded with fane .

respects
weeda
silworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 3:11pm
joseph, what is the fane model you use and what are the crossover points? thinking of building something similar...
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 5:10pm
nice stack joshep!
the jbl are loaded with a single 15" soon i'll open the box and i'll see wich bc driver is...and maybe i'll put one new....this test is made quikly in one session...and it sound great...
@tweetr box. actually i can't change my crossover point...mostec style ;)
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 9:55am
we have some problem of times for make a building so we continue some test!!!!
with celestion 18" sub....cut off 200hz...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>