Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Actually Building a PC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:24pm
Nice one ham, i look foward to hearing some fresh tunes out of it. 
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:21am
might be a while. loads of programs don't work with windows 64 bit??? very annoying, had to find 'alternative' downloads for loads of things, including msn messenger!!!?.... what the hell

it's damn fast tho!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 11:56am
Try pidgin as a replacement for msn messenger, you won't go back to the ad loaded crapfest that is the official msn client.

I do not know if there is a 64 bit compatible version but I expect there is.
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 6:21pm
I managed to find a version for 64 bit but it's pretty annoying. got other problems with other programs as well tho that's I('m finding harder to fix. now trying to remember why I'm using 64 bit!!
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 6:41pm
windows 7 64 bit?

All my 32bit programs work with it! Including Proengineer, which if it has an opportunity to break .. will

Edited by subbass - 21 January 2010 at 8:12pm
Humble Tafari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 8:05pm
Just be careful when inserting the processor.  It can only go in one way. And if your forcing it, then it is not lined up correctly. Having a good pair of eyes and/or Magnifying glass dome can be helpful.

Oh....and did i say, be very careful when inserting the processor.

Same applies to the Ram boards.

respeks.

PS, i personally never used an anti-stataic wriststrap.

But i guess its good to have.
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by subbass subbass wrote:

windows 7 64 bit?
All my 32bit programs work with it! Including Proengineer, which if it has an opportunity to break .. will

xp
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Humble Tafari Humble Tafari wrote:

Just be careful when inserting the processor.  It can only go in one way. And if your forcing it, then it is not lined up correctly. Having a good pair of eyes and/or Magnifying glass dome can be helpful.
Oh....and did i say, be very careful when inserting the processor.
Same applies to the Ram boards.
respeks.
PS, i personally never used an anti-stataic wriststrap.
But i guess its good to have.

done it already, she's up and running. but thanks for the advice all the same.

the cooler bit that sits on top of the processor looked like a jet engine. was well cool. has loads of copper pipes on it and looks like it could be some kind of crazy water cooling system
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by bassmish bassmish wrote:

windows 7 64 bit?

xp

Ermm windows 7 64 bit would have been my best bet - I've never had good luck with XP64..

Good luck with it - /should/ all be working fine, why not go for 32bit windows? As far as i know, XP64 was never really used that much......
joshd963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshd963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 9:51pm
only problem that may occur to general users when using 32bit is that the max RAM is 3.25gb
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by joshd963 joshd963 wrote:

only problem that may occur to general users when using 32bit is that the max RAM is 3.25gb

Not if you enable memory hole remapping.

But I see what you're saying. 32 bit OS's only support up to 4GB's of RAM. Shouldn't really be a problem for most people though.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:37am

Originally posted by bassmish bassmish wrote:

windows 7 64 bit?

xp

Ermm windows 7 64 bit would have been my best bet - I've never had good luck with XP64..

Good luck with it - /should/ all be working fine, why not go for 32bit windows? As far as i know, XP64 was never really used that much......

This x(a lot). Never had any joy with xp 64, far too much hassle to get apps for it. You will be wanting windows 7 or 64 bit Ubuntu tbh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>