Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

adding passive x-over to existing network

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding passive x-over to existing network
    Posted: 24 August 2010 at 4:01pm
i should have a spanking set of volt concentrics winging their way to me soon and am looking at using them in my home. problem is they aren't the bassiest (-3db 67Hz in a vented enclosure!Cry) of speakers and i like bass.

the simplest answer for me would be to run them in parallel with a sub driver and design an RC lowpass filter to run before that. i'm concerned as to how this would affect the phase of the sub driver in relation to the concentric driver.

i'm not sure which driver i would use for bass either though i have some paudio 15" c600el drivers that may be useful or may be overkill.

this would certainly be a test of my skills and push my knowledge but i reckon i can manage it with a wee bit of guidance, any help greatly appreciated. 
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
 Post Reply Post Reply