Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark K30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 4:19am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Morin builds in house as with Admark. You would be surprised what people will say when they have something to sell. No company can claim their designs are originals as the amplifier is China's modified version of Powersoft. 

Best Regards,

When you say modified, does this mean "modified for cheaper production, using cheaper parts" ?

As I have seen Powersoft K20 draw 34A @ 240V, driving 2x 8 ohm drivers per channel.

This suggests to me an extremely well built and designed amplifier, and anything built to cheaper price, would obviously  not be built to same standard.

The Powesoft K Series is around 20 years old. It is old technology. Components that were considered new and innovative 20 years ago, are now old and passé. China is also the most dominating market in electronics globally. Reverse engineering is their strongest point. So they know how to build things in a cost effective manner while giving stellar results.

Admark, CVR and, Morin has proven themselves to be very reliable amplifiers for years due to using modern components in addition to fixing the short falls of amplifiers that were made 20 years ago.

Class D has matured. And the amplifiers made in china today is the end result of that maturity. This is inevitable for the first transistors that replaced tubes in the 1960's were far from robust in terms of reliability.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 1:31pm

The Powesoft K Series is around 20 years old. It is old technology. Components that were considered new and innovative 20 years ago, are now old and passé. China is also the most dominating market in electronics globally. Reverse engineering is their strongest point. So they know how to build things in a cost effective manner while giving stellar results.

Admark, CVR and, Morin has proven themselves to be very reliable amplifiers for years due to using modern components in addition to fixing the short falls of amplifiers that were made 20 years ago.

Class D has matured. And the amplifiers made in china today is the end result of that maturity. This is inevitable for the first transistors that replaced tubes in the 1960's were far from robust in terms of reliability.

Best Regards,

That all sounds very plausible.

Would also make life easier, if I look for 1U China Digital amp, for driving 1x 4 ohm driver per channel.

I'm a headroom geek, so would be looking for rating of approx 4kw per channel at 4 ohms, which should translate into a reliable 2kwpc, 40h-100hz.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
splodge360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splodge360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 5:12pm
[TUBE]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeR3Y1sfazY&t=8s%29[/TUBE]
You can't beat a good revenge video, if someone else thinks one amp sounds slightly different to another!
LineArrayHire

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 1:57am

Best Regards,

That all sounds very plausible.

Would also make life easier, if I look for 1U China Digital amp, for driving 1x 4 ohm driver per channel.

I'm a headroom geek, so would be looking for rating of approx 4kw per chchen annel at 4 ohms, which should translate into a reliable 2kwpc, 40h-100hz.

More like 3400  - 4000 watts per channel continuous average @ 4 ohms per channel (K 30) pending on hard you want to drive it into clipping. You should get a little under 3000 watts per channel nearly -1 dB before clipping @ 40 Hz(sinusoidal wave) for around 3 minutes without the amplifier going into thermal shutdown...

We are living in times that power is so cheap, there is no reason to not to have an abundance of amplifiers in your rack that can deliver a minimum of 2000 watts per channel @ 4 ohms continuous average.

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 18 July 2022 at 2:02am
Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 9:31am

More like 3400  - 4000 watts per channel continuous average @ 4 ohms per channel (K 30) pending on hard you want to drive it into clipping. You should get a little under 3000 watts per channel nearly -1 dB before clipping @ 40 Hz(sinusoidal wave) for around 3 minutes without the amplifier going into thermal shutdown...

We are living in times that power is so cheap, there is no reason to not to have an abundance of amplifiers in your rack that can deliver a minimum of 2000 watts per channel @ 4 ohms continuous average.

Best Regards, 

Elliot,

Do you think, with this amplifier, having huge amounts of headroom, due to only using 1x 1000W driver per channel, would increase audible/perceived sub "warmth" ?

To my ears, QSC PL380 "sub" sound quality, was superior to Crown MA3600VZ/MA5000VZ, so I know it is possible for Class D amps, to replicate sub extension/warm of Macrotechs, given sufficient headroom.

Edited by levyte357- - 18 July 2022 at 9:32am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 2:26pm

Best Regards, 

Elliot,

Do you think, with this amplifier, having huge amounts of headroom, due to only using 1x 1000W driver per channel, would increase audible/perceived sub "warmth" ?

To my ears, QSC PL380 "sub" sound quality, was superior to Crown MA3600VZ/MA5000VZ, so I know it is possible for Class D amps, to replicate sub extension/warm of Macrotechs, given sufficient headroom.

These amplifiers are very clean sounding with power. Unless you are going to insert some means of processing that has a good means of degradation, the K30 will offer tonal differences unlike the QSC at certain frequencies. This is why, I use the K30 on JBLs (more warmth) while the QSC is driving Electro-voice (less warmth) playing frequencies from 500 Hz – 35 Hz. Despite the drivers are sitting in identical enclosures.

I can't say I have ever heard an amplifier offering different brand names delivering identical tonal characteristics playing music no matter how close I match the output voltage using a sine wave and a volt meter. If you are very critical to tonal differences, you are going to be scrambling between brands based on what sounds pleasing to you. The K30 sounds closer to QSC than the old Macro-techs (it sounds nothing like Macro-techs on bass) but, it does not sound identical to QSC.

QSC was my choice for bass amplifiers in terms of tonality when I used to use Scoops nearly 30 years ago. However, once I moved over to reflex cabinets, Crowns offered the sound I was seeking as they have no problem going down to those sub-low frequencies. So I moved my QSC amplifiers to low mids and, use the Crowns (and at times Peaveys) for subs.

There are a lot of variables that goes far beyond the amplifier's footprint on the musical signal. Loudspeakers (TS Parameters), Enclosures and of course, music material will determine whether the amplifier will meet your musical taste or not. The most you could do is carry the QSC PL 380 to someone using the K30 on their sound system to determine if it will meet up to your requirements. It will also determine if you are being too critical as you will have a second opinion on the tonality of the bass comparing both amplifiers.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 2:47pm

There are a lot of variables that goes far beyond the amplifier's footprint on the musical signal. Loudspeakers (TS Parameters), Enclosures and of course, music material will determine whether the amplifier will meet your musical taste or not. The most you could do is carry the QSC PL 380 to someone using the K30 on their sound system to determine if it will meet up to your requirements. It will also determine if you are being too critical as you will have a second opinion on the tonality of the bass comparing both amplifiers.

The difference I found between Macrotech and PL380, was not sub depth, was actual sound quality. PL380 just sounded more appealing  and smoother, similar to a Crest CA18.

Have already sold the PL380s, so may compare the K30 to a Void Infinite 8 MK2, as that provides depth and sound quality at power. (If drivers can handle the power)

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 6:37pm
Here is comparison between the Admark AD 42 and the Powersoft K20. If you are listening through a computer using sizeable speakers, you will hear the tonal characteristics amongst the two. As you use the Powersoft K20 often, it should give you an idea the tone these new amplifiers offer.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 7:05pm
Ahh the old watch the bottle method !
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Ahh the old watch the bottle method !

May not be very scientific, and doesn't include mics at 1M, and signal generators..

But listening through headphones, tells me all I need to know..

I have no intention of running 4x 21s, from 1x Cheap Chinese amp, but the fact it compared decently with K20, says a lot.

Edited by levyte357- - 19 July 2022 at 10:11am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 3:32pm

Bottles vibrating on surfaces outdoors and car alarms triggering due to the intensity of the air pressure buildup within the surrounding area are unbiased. They don't carry feelings like very emotional people.

Admark, CVR, Morin and Sibosen amplifiers are what the now generation (Gen-Z) sound system provider are buying on the underground scene. Only the old sound system provider (Millennials and older) will be sporting Powersoft, Lab Gruppen, QSC and, Crown amplifiers in their racks.

There are some old sound system providers that will buy these modern day amplifiers (adding them to their inventory) due to their price -vs- performance ratio. These old sound system providers want to continue to make money acquiring new, younger, clients. The sound the now generation are seeking is not the same sound the older sound system provider liked when they were in their 20's. So the older sound system provider must be willing to adapt or find themselves getting hired only by the older generation wanting to rekindle their teenage years to 20's listening to old music.

Best Regards,   

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 19 July 2022 at 3:38pm
Elliot Thompson
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 3:47pm
I believe in the phrase "to each their own"
Ive been using an AD42 on 4-18" Sb Audience drivers for a few months now. The amplifier has been rock solid, tonal quality is acceptable, and for the value it really cannot be beat. Shortly we will be trying one using 8 of the SB Audience drivers. All loaded into PFX C2E enclosures. That will be the real test as i have easily 50% headroom when running just 4 of them.
And to top it off, Daniel Lau (the sales guy from Admark), is extremely responsive and helpful thru whatsapp. Out of the 20 or so Admark amps running through people i know, 1 has had a small issue with a display. Daniel took care of it immediately and had them up and running before the next gig.
So their customer service is speaking volumes on top of the reliability of the amplifiers.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>