Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice choosing hog scoop driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:43pm
Instead of pushing low impedans in bridge, let two amps share the load with higher impedans.. in the end you get more headroom :)

But a PLM14000 should be able to kill 4 hogs on each channel. It certaintly made some hot coils on 8 tsw721 a couple of month ago. Gotta love a dryhire of amps to some Guy with absolutely no idea of how much hes speakers could handle LOL
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:17am
Ive used the PD1851 and void infinite 8 mk2 combo for the last 7 years and been very happy. I’ve compared the 1851 with my friends hogs loaded with 1850s and v1000s and it always comes out on top.

The infinite 8 is up for sale as well now as I’ve upgraded to Powersoft.
Pick & Mix Soundsystem
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:58am
I have 2x mint condition, PD1851 for sale.

Both been reconed within last 12x months, and very little use since, as I have 8x Scoops, but usually took out 4x.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 11:27am
@TS 
I have send you a PM regarding some amps I have available (Master audio SM4000/Void infinite 7v2)
I suspect you are also located in The Netherlands or Belgium?
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Instead of pushing low impedans in bridge, let two amps share the load with higher impedans.. in the end you get more headroom :)

When you have higher impedance, amplifier maximum watts are less, no?

This is why we use bridge, 100% maximum watts are available, but you don't need to run flat out into clip, so maximum headroom. Wink

Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

But a PLM14000 should be able to kill 4 hogs on each channel. It certaintly made some hot coils on 8 tsw721 a couple of month ago. Gotta love a dryhire of amps to some Guy with absolutely no idea of how much hes speakers could handle LOL

Indeed - guy I used to hire from, he said the only real way to test power handling, is to turn it up until you kill a driver LOL

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 20 May 2020 at 2:55pm
General Martok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Martok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:19am
Yep, i'm based in the netherlands. I dont see any PM yet though but thanks.

Im still trying figure out what would be wrong with using 1 SynQ Digit 3K6 in bridgemode,
Per Hog. as it would put out 3600 watts RMS @8ohms into 1 driver and the general opinion about it isnt crap. But maybe im missing something, and im willing to look at something else.

Soo im guessing  nobody has any experience with the PD.185NR1? Probably going for
the PD.1851/2 then.

Thanks guys

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:59am
Or go for 4 Ohm drivers.. no bridging needed.

Message should be in your inbox, one SM4000 should be cheaper then two sync digit amps and performs better on sub. How do I know? I have had both Wink
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:46pm
Until a meber has made 10 posts to these forums Private
Messaging is unavailable.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Until a meber has made 10 posts to these forums Private
Messaging is unavailable.

Didn't think about that one.
General Martok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Martok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:55pm
Riighht, so now i can stop looking for my inbox and not feel like a retard ;) thanks. I think i found you
on "Marktplaats"
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:54pm
Yeah, thats probably me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12