Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative to RMX2450 for 2400w sub duty.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2020 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I’d be very interested to see an Inuke transfer 80 amps and not melt.

Those measurements are on this forum somewhere.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2020 at 10:12pm
Ah great, this gives perspective. So no go on the QSC, even in bridge mode, fair. I wanted alternatives and thats what I have.

The berrys and their like need some serious power smoothing or a big gen set to handle transients, even if not 80 amps,, and the old heavy weights are old, literally old. Powerlight 6-9 suffer obsolete parts and the rest will follow....

So as a hobby sound monkey I'm still prob best to get a decent 8-10k gen set and three berrys. At least I can use the gen to power the house during lockdown 15....
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2020 at 10:46pm
I wouldn't pick an RMX these days for several reasons but one of them isn't because it "can't do bass" like these guys would have you believe. In the 30 years or so it's been around I can guarantee you there have been lots of people that have used it bridged into double 18 subs and didn't have any problems. That's not to say there aren't better options capable of more performance but these aren't fisher price toys either, they were a fixture in live sound in north america for a decade or more.
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 1:35am
@ Noyzmunky , there is an old thread which has a bit of discussion on amps which may interest you -

https://forum.speakerplans.com/qsc-rmx-rebadged-berry-europower_topic48154.html

FWIW, I've used the B52 range (US3000 and US4000) bridged into double 18" subs, with good results. I guess they might not be available in the UK though?

Cheers!
Turn it up! Turn what up?
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 9:21am
Cheers, good to see some oldskool names on that thread!

Interesting. So by the looks of those pics the tapco is the one to go for...lol... I think I'll most likely borrow a linea research from my mate to run the subs for a while, save up for a half decent class D and forget the 25-30year old heavyweights.

Cheers for the replies guys. Very useful and informative.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 12:18pm
I have an MPX 1200 for sale if you want. Not too sure about the postage though. They weigh a bit.   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 1:07pm
Got a mate with a Void Inf 7v2 in Sheffield

Not light, but does the business
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 1:50pm
Got  few Crown cts3000 , Dj Leco from this forum bench tested.£295 each
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 3:00pm
Cheers for the offers guys. I'm not buying right now, just window shopping.

Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I’d be very interested to see an Inuke transfer 80 amps and not melt.

Those measurements are on this forum somewhere.

I found this thread..

https://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202_page1.html
JoshR77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoshR77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2020 at 3:24am
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

If your running from a generator you want an amplifier with a PFC power supply.  This will put less stress on the generator and reduce the need to oversize the generator for the load.  Non of the old heavy weight amplifiers will have this.  They are also, to state the obvious, old and will need maintenance which can be especially expensive for bass amps due to the large number of matched output transistors used.  Note when heavily loaded the inuke/nx6000 are also not nice to gensets drawing current peaks of up to 80A.  

Heres some marketing from Powersoft on their use of PFC:

I can only say my opinion on Peavey PV 2600 cuz that`s the only one which I`ve got experience with. It`s a great amp with lots of power and it`s good for running bass bins.

Edited by JoshR77 - 08 December 2020 at 3:25am
JoshR77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoshR77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2020 at 3:28am
Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

Got  few Crown cts3000 , Dj Leco from this forum bench tested.£295 each

Have heard good reviews on that one 

Edited by JoshR77 - 08 December 2020 at 3:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>