Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp for 2x Oberton XB1600's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amp for 2x Oberton XB1600's
    Posted: 14 April 2020 at 5:33pm
Managed to pickup two of the XB1600's used for a great price but now need an amp for the two of them.

Will be loading them in Hogs, and have a budget of 350 (not very much I know)

Was considering bridging the RCF HC3200 down to 4ohm but i cant find much information on this illusive amplifier so unsure as to how it would perform, as wouldnt have headroom so to speak.

Have also been recommended the Proline 3000, which I know is a beast bridged at 4ohm... everyone always says though "get a second hand Proline" which is all well and good, but I can never seem to find one for sale lol.

Any other recommendations? 

Cheers Smile
Matt - Ocenvelo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt - Ocenvelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:25am
Wondering the same thing here, was looking into getting a  t.amp TSA 4-1300 cause it can output 4k@ 8ohm through two channel's but some reviews suggest that it's not the best amp for subs and other people say its alright, for the price it sounds really good tbf but I'm still not sure...
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:38am
for those beefy drivers and that budget you may get JBL MPX1200 and bridge it , but I would save a bit more and get qsc 4050/5050
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt - Ocenvelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:40am
Aye, wasn't particularly keen on the thought of  buying a cheap amp for a high end driver
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:47am
Might be lucky and find an sae pxm1450 for that... beast of a bass amp
Ajsski99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 12:37pm
In the end I saved the extra money and bought a Matrix 7k, haven’t looked back since :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt - Ocenvelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 2:27pm
One driver per channel? 
Ajsski99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:03pm
Yes, ideally I’d want double the headroom but the Matrix is plenty.
 Post Reply Post Reply