Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp suggestions needed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 4:25pm
Or Crest 7001's. Lovely little amp for a small rig.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2020 at 3:25pm
Well.  Narrowed it down to two amps now.

EV Q1212/Dynacord SL2400
And Dynacord L2800FP

They perform almost identical at 8 and 4 ohm.
And to my ears they sound the same on the SX300.

List price is almost the same also. And as a fact, they are all on sale at this moment. Just around 700£

I dont need the DSP in the L2800FP, but its nice to have.
I have heard good things about the EV Q and Dynacord SL.
Not much to find about the Dynacord L. Maybe its still to fresh on the market ?

What to do, what to do...
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2020 at 8:29pm
Did not find anything about that amp. 
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2020 at 10:01pm
https://www.production-partner.de/test/dynacord-l3600fd-verstaerker-im-test/

This is the most i have found about it.
But after a picture comparison, i am quite sure its the same Amp internals.

Ev Q1212/Dynacord SL2400

Dynacord L3400FD (i know its not the L2800FD, but they look the same inside more or less)

Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2020 at 10:15pm
Oh, 2800FD, not 2800FP!
These are good amps, but based on the review, and also transformer size and amp weight, I would not go by their power output ratings. If only power alone was the parameter to compare, I would say that the T. Amp TA-2400 MK-X for fraction of the price can about match it. 
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2020 at 10:29pm
Actually based on the test, the power ratings seems to be rather fine.
Not that its that important.. 

Regarding the T Amps. Its much easyer to rent out gear with a known name on it. That plays a large role here.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2020 at 11:21pm
I suspect anyone wanting a pa for speech is not going to know a huge amount about what is good and what's not. 

Matrix xt2000 take some beating on mid tops. As do QSC plx. 

Just lately second hand amps seem to have gone up in price. 
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 2:34am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

But after a picture comparison, i am quite sure its the same Amp internals.

Ev Q1212/Dynacord SL2400

Dynacord has always been looked upon as Electro-voice in Europe. This has been the case for around 50 years. So it is like comparing identical twins in their products.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 6:10am
I know. Thats why Q1212 and SL2400 is mentioned at the same time.

I am trying to decide between these two, and the L2800FD.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 6:33am
Buy the brand that has the most abundance in your area. This will keep everything looking uniform if you decide to buy more later on. 

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 8:02am
Thats the problem. Thats All LAB FP+ and PLM here. Waaay to expensive and powerfull stuff for the kind of jobs these setups will encounter :)

Im just wondering why the SL and L cost nearly the same. Its the same Amp inside, more or less. Only the DSP makes a difference. So i would expect the L to cost more.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2020 at 11:07am

What I meant was, between the Electro-voice and Dynacord, pick the one that is more in abundance in your area.

The majority wants on-board DSP these days and manufacturers are capitalizing on those who want it. If you already have an LMS there is no need to buy an amplifier with an on-board DSP.  If you are intrigued with on-board DSP in the amplifier and, have an LMS, compare the features of your LMS to the on-board DSP features in the amplifier. This will allow you to determine if the on-board DSP is a direct replacement to your LMS or you will lose some vital features you've grown accustomed to using your LMS. 

Best Regards, 

Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>