Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifier advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casual77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 4:57pm
Anyone got any thoughts on these?

I suspect it wouldn't be considered pro quality gear but I will only be using this about once a month so it doesn't need to be the best as long as it is reliable and can drive a pair of 500W subs and tops.
Casual77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casual77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 5:36pm
Ignore my previous post.... I've just stumbled across the thread about this amp in the General section
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:09pm
 There are alot of great options for similar prices don't get me wrong, however for OPs needs I'm sure a Proline would do nicely. 1100w a channel at 8ohms, could do two of your subs on one channel and then your mids on the other.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Casual77 Casual77 wrote:

Anyone got any thoughts on these?

I suspect it wouldn't be considered pro quality gear but I will only be using this about once a month so it doesn't need to be the best as long as it is reliable and can drive a pair of 500W subs and tops.

inuke 6000 dsp will do that no worries tho they have replaced with nx6000d  i have been usin mine since 2014 been out many many times i have ran 2 x 18 sub on one channel and midtops on the other has always delivered ran cool light as a feather and for the money Big smile  im lookin at the nx6000d wen its available Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 3:46pm
I have used inukes before moving to much more expensive amps - i didn't have problems with them, but when we started to move the system often we wanted something more reliable on the long term and a more professional image.
never liked them on highs (i used an old heavy ab amp on comps, way nicer) but for bass and lowmids of that wattage should be plenty (new nx series claims improved highs, but who knows what it means).
and inuke features short circuit protection and should have better limiters than proline - i have seen many red lights but never burnt a driver, many proline users seems to have a different experience.
light as a feather too!
I don't have any experience with tamps from thomann, but there seems to be more people complaining about faults with them than inukes.
Casual77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casual77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 3:47pm
The Proline 3000 does look like it would do the job but I've got a 4u flightcase with a crossover and 1u IMG amp in to power some tweeter boxes I had made and its already up to about £30kg, so ideally I'd prefer something a bit lighter. The Proline would take that up to about 50kg and I'd be struggling to get that up and down stairs, which due to my storage options would be unavoidable.

I've got a brand new Behringer iNuke 6000 that I picked up but I was planning to sell it on because most people on here don't rate it as being much good.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

I have used inukes before moving to much more expensive amps - i didn't have problems with them, but when we started to move the system often we wanted something more reliable on the long term and a more professional image.
never liked them on highs (i used an old heavy ab amp on comps, way nicer) but for bass and lowmids of that wattage should be plenty (new nx series claims improved highs, but who knows what it means).
and inuke features short circuit protection and should have better limiters than proline - i have seen many red lights but never burnt a driver, many proline users seems to have a different experience.
light as a feather too!
I don't have any experience with tamps from thomann, but there seems to be more people complaining about faults with them than inukes.

dsp model has peq after tweakin can get it to sound fine i recently turned it off in my settings Dead  LOL so much difference but i have had mine long enuff to tune it Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 12:44pm
No, the INUKE sound problems can not be solved by DSP.

The problem is that cheapish Class-D circuitry, usually free-oscillating and lack of true (post filter..) output feedback.
Without true output feedback the non-linearity of LCL filtering elements can not be compensated > the amp will behave as load dependent signal source > different sound character (usually crap) on various speakers yet compromised by signal slew rates, etc..

There are other problems with INUKEs & CheapBrothers but this is one of the most disturbing and killing ears, destroying music. I always say these can not be judged as professional equipment.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 1:23pm
..yet the post above says otherwise! Go figure.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Casual77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casual77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 2:34pm
I can't say that I understand any of the stuff you said about LCL filtering elements and signal slew rates but I get the impression that you're not a fan of the Behringer iNukes U.Viktor!

A question for you though.... are the things you've mentioned a problem at all output levels or just when the iNukes are being pushed to their limits? I mean, the video on Youtube suggest that the iNuke NU6000 is capable of outputting around 2100W per channel at 4ohms (from memory). If the amp was powering subs/speakers at say 1000W per channel would this still 'kill ears' and 'destroy music' or would it be acceptable if it was operating well within its capabilities? This is a genuine question because I own a NU6000 but have never used it.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 3:12pm

I can't say that I understand any of the stuff you said about LCL filtering elements and signal slew rates but I get the impression that you're not a fan of the Behringer iNukes U.Viktor!

A question for you though.... are the things you've mentioned a problem at all output levels or just when the iNukes are being pushed to their limits? I mean, the video on Youtube suggest that the iNuke NU6000 is capable of outputting around 2100W per channel at 4ohms (from memory). If the amp was powering subs/speakers at say 1000W per channel would this still 'kill ears' and 'destroy music' or would it be acceptable if it was operating well within its capabilities? This is a genuine question because I own a NU6000 but have never used it.
No they are fine and very good for the money, Victor bashes them on every thread and then tells us that PKN are the only thing worth buying, he is a PKN dealer. Edit, just read posts from the people who own and use inukes, you don't see many complaints.

Edited by concept-10 - 01 November 2018 at 3:14pm
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

No they are fine and very good for the money, Victor bashes every amp that isn't a PKN on every thread and then tells us that PKN are the only thing worth buying, he is a PKN dealer. Edit, just read posts from the people who own and use inukes, you don't see many complaints.

Fixed that for you...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>