Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Amplifier Testing Session - Confirmed date 8/05/11
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifier Testing Session - Confirmed date 8/05/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:43am
Tweeter box minis! they t-nutted to hold drivers or clamps? Someone bringing a charged up cordless drill/driver with attachments?
Just in case! It would spped up things.
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Been looking forward to this since it was announced. Alot of Big amps will be present Thumbs Up
@ Tekasis - i will be bringing 1 shortman mini cut and tnutted for PD1850 so hopefully will fit the 51. Not sure what other boxes it will be tested in. Havn't got clamps so cant test the fane xs Ouch unless we get lucky and can line up the holes!

I think its 2pm - 8pm Today people Smile

If you could bring 2 cabs, it would be easier to do I direct comparison between 1850 and 1851!
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:12pm
i would if i could, i'm coming up in a 2door car! LOL so as it is it will be a squeeze bringing one down. Ideally i did want to bring 2....there will be another event for this though soon enough though....
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:38pm
Put the 2nd one on top of the roof, with you and passenger holding either side!!!!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:38pm
Also if somebody could bring some decent length (50,60mm) M6 Socket cap screws for loaded some drivers would be greatly appreciated Thumbs Up If not no worries will just bring stand M6 bolts and use a spanner! LOL
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Put the 2nd one on top of the roof, with you and passenger holding either side!!!!

..... when i got my scoops, i got them from my work to home on roof of a corsa LOL .... one at a time of coarse LOL .... looked funny tho
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

.....If not no worries will just bring stand M6 bolts and use a spanner! LOL

..... unfortunatly due to no legal wheels till monday and dan i making me get drunk last night im unable to attend Ouch ......... BIGGUP Ren for making this happen n looking forward to hearing the results Smile. JAH
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:13am
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:15am
I have posted pictures of the event in the general forum. What a wonderful and fruitful day.
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:57am
Thanks to all who made this day happen. Good systems, good people, great turnout. Was a very fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
kilowattsounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilowattsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:42pm
Great stuff Ren & Tweet good day all round TBH my fave was the Itech & K10 but all amps did well , the matrix did sound lovely & low but someone who was there told me the amp was going to blow( i was a bit suprised @ this suggestion as the amp was doing the business) but just as i told Matt how nice the amp sounded it blew so needless to say i'll have to contact  ???? to give me the outcome of this weeks lotto as he defo knew what was going to happen. Any amp can have a fault as we all know but i think if i built an amp even if i wasnt on the roots scene, i'd have to lend the amps to a heavy roots sound system as we tend to push our systems to the max. Can switchmode do the business on a 13amp supply playing roots/dub YES they can well done guys. the mid/ top from the matrix was nice & clear a little too loud @ times but a mini/reflex with even a 186  would easily outplay the bass section, just my 2p worth great day
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

my facebook page
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by kilowattsounds kilowattsounds wrote:

the matrix did sound lovely & low but someone who was there told me the amp was going to blow( i was a bit suprised @ this suggestion as the amp was doing the business) but just as i told Matt how nice the amp sounded it blew

Sounded proper heavy, got many up who were sitting down, but something used inside them gave up!

Quote Why did the matrix(s) fail?  I read it was internal fuse, then read they cant sustain long low dub bass lines, wot gwaan?

The last dude/s on here who said Matrix can't do sub got roasted & blasted. Think they deserve an apology.

Any amp can have a fault as we all know but i think if i built an amp even if i wasnt on the roots scene, i'd have to lend the amps to a heavy roots sound system as we tend to push our systems to the max. 

Very true! Wasn't Levy asking matrix for an amp built to his/our requirements but it never got built ?

To me it seems that running from the big heavy transformers in these torrodial amps is a no no & has to be done to sustain the low notes.

Can switchmode do the business on a 13amp supply playing roots/dub YES they can

Clap Thumbs Up [/QUOTE]

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567