Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any one got a Sony Vaio?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukehaze1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one got a Sony Vaio?
    Posted: 15 October 2011 at 10:19am
Just want to know how good they are?
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 10:23am
Originally posted by lukehaze1 lukehaze1 wrote:

Not bad machines in some ways, but support (as in parts/documentation availability, and support for non-original OS) is atrocious.

Sounds_d_b View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sounds_d_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 3:36pm
Yup, got an FW series laptop, worked perfectly for 2 years no problems.

The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Originally posted by lukehaze1 lukehaze1 wrote:

Not bad machines in some ways, but support (as in parts/documentation availability, and support for non-original OS) is atrocious.

Three levels of out of warranty support, expensive, outragious and I'm coming round to bash you you thieving...

But seriuosly, nasty, horrid, expensive support.

700 odd quid for an all in one with onboard VGA fault. Customer smashed it up (16 months old) on princiaple.

It just is.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:04am
I had one about 8 years ago and it was the worst computer I've ever owned. It overheated out of the box and sony were extremely unhelpfull.

They may well have improved since then but I wouldn't buy another one.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:25pm
i have a vgn-ns.... and its brill, runs the coolest out of any laptop iv had, its the same one as the peeps always use on gadget show.
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
numtie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:57pm
nice machines make sure it comes with the origional drivers disc sony charge a small fortune to re download them
Disco Hire Wales
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 6:30pm
Charging you to re-download something you've already paid for??!

I'd avoid totally on principle.

Can't say I've ever come across a company that charges for driver downloads - surely that business model can't stand up against the competition?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 7:55pm
It just is.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Charging you to re-download something you've already paid for??!

I'd avoid totally on principle.

Can't say I've ever come across a company that charges for driver downloads - surely that business model can't stand up against the competition?

The likes of Packard Bell (aka Whack-hard Hell) charge a substantial amount for recovery disks (not sure about device drivers). I've no problem with a small amount for media/postage, but ....

Yeah, and the reason you might need that is because they seem to disown machines of theirs more than a couple years old. Search the "support site" and you get "nope - never heard of that model".
Vile.

IBM (last time I looked) still had support s/w for 386-era machines :-)

Post Reply Post Reply