Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any one used Pioneer XY sound system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one used Pioneer XY sound system
    Posted: 09 December 2018 at 8:51am
i have the chance to get some second hand pioneer XY kit and wondered if any one on here had used it or even heard it. 

There is a main system of 4x 3B tops and 4x218s bins. Plus few small bits that just look like run of the mill decently made boxes. There is also a full rack of powersoft DSP amps to run it all. I can’t test it before I buy so it’s a bit of a stab in the dark. 

If any one has any info on value or even list price it would also  help me on making up my mind if it’s worth buying. 

Thanks 

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 11:58am
I didn’t like it much at all, any time I heard it. It goes loud but coverage is inconsistent across the passbands and they can’t seem to decide how to array it. It’s also not that old, launched 18 months ago so I would somewhat question why it’s being sold so quickly.

But if you get a good price and it’s for your own use you can probably do a lot worse. Just don’t pay a fortune because they either cut stupid cheap deals or have it all away for free...
jcsb36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 5:53pm
Cheers

I had a feeling it wouldn’t be great but alright for the money. 

The speakers are only 12 month old as the venue has gone bust. If you have any pricing info let me know. It is a very good price especially as it comes with powersoft. I could probably sell the amps for more than the cost of the whole package. 
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 11:31am
Which venue? It wasn’t installed in many that I know of. It’s likely cheap because they didn’t pay for it
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by jcsb36 jcsb36 wrote:

I could probably sell the amps for more than the cost of the whole package. 

I wouldn't buy anything untested unless you can afford to lose whatever it costs you, But if you can satisfy yourself that the amps are ok and they really are priced at a point where you'd get your money back on just the amps, then do it.

Worse case scenario pull the drivers out and sell all the components seperatley and you should see a profit (assuming theyre not loaded with complete toss, or all blown).
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 12:59pm
They're loaded with all B&C components, off the shelf stuff (like pretty much everyone else) but the top tier.
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 6:48pm
I'd be very, very carefull that there is no outstanding finance on it, and that it is a totally legit sale.  I'm not saying it isn't, just be wary who you're buying it from - is it the receivers, liquidators, or one of the ex doormen who is owed money?

If you can be arsed, I could probably get some history on the Powersoft kit if you can get serial numbers.

If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
jcsb36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2018 at 8:45pm
I know which company installed it and they aren’t owed any cash  the liquidators where on site when it was removed so it’s as ligit
as I can tell. The liquidator didn’t find any outstanding finance so should be ok  

Edited by jcsb36 - 15 December 2018 at 8:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply