Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone have plans for the WS2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone have plans for the WS2A
    Posted: 20 October 2007 at 8:27am
Basically i'm looking for the plans for the Martin Audio WS2A. They are pretty straight forward, but I would still like to know the plans. Also does anyone know what drivers those use? Are those still RCF drivers?
djrockstar4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 8:33am
Ok, just found this, http://www.rcf.it/vediMacro.phtml/sLang/IT/IDMacro/1621/menuAttivo/2293/m1/1/m2/0/m3/1_0_6/LowFrequencyWoofer/WooferLF15X400/product.htm
That looks to be close to the woofer specs in the WS2A can anyone tell me if that's the driver that is used?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 2:50am
anyone find/ know anything about them?
LostGrayCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostGrayCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 3:07am
As these are still in production, blah, blah, blah.

I'd suggest buying one.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 4:38am
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 10:58am
Get WinISD/Bassbox Pro

Work out cabinet volume from supplied dimensions

Simulate using drivers of your choice

Adjust ports to tune to taste

Design done....

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 11:32am
@ceharden
its not quite that simple is it, youve also got to decide on a name for your cab and the most difficult part of all what colour your going to paint it, and unless you are a cad wizard there is no help on colour schemese which is so important, ok il get me coat....
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 4:14pm
OK the two big things I have, anyone know what the closest drivers are for this, I was looking at the RCFs, but I was also looking at the Peavey Low Riders for this, they have actually more xmax than the leading RCF subs, and about half the price, and the other question I have, is it a single cabinet? With the piece going down the middle I dont know if that seperates and makes it 2 cabinets combined, or is it just a brace and it's 1 big cabinet.
LostGrayCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostGrayCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 7:15pm
I would think it's got each speaker isolated since there's 4 ports showing.
The piece down the middle is for supporting the grill.

jsg mashed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsg mashed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by djrockstar4u djrockstar4u wrote:

With the piece going down the middle I dont know if that seperates and makes it 2 cabinets combined, or is it just a brace and it's 1 big cabinet.

It won't make any difference to the sound either way.
...because Good is Dumb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrockstar4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 9:11pm
OK, well it looks like the port size  is around 4 inches, and that's what WinISD came up with also, any idea of the depth?
 Post Reply Post Reply