Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - anyone know what drivers the Turbo TXD 12m uses?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone know what drivers the Turbo TXD 12m uses?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone know what drivers the Turbo TXD 12m uses?
    Posted: 08 August 2007 at 12:05pm
I would'nt mind trying to build a pair, all the dimensions are on the turbosound website...so does anyone know what drivers they use and if they are available as driver only???
Bassmentality: Ska, reggae, funk & Hip hop every month @ The Cellar, Oxford
j_0_e View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 3:48pm
i was looking at building some of these too...
solution View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 4:46pm
yeah should'nt be too hard you can get the dimensions and angles on the wedge fornm the turbo site but I'm not sure what drivers they use, I know turbo often spec off the shelf drivers such as PD, beyma etc but then they also have thier OEM ones as well....so if anyone can shed any light on it or even recomend some drivers for the box dimensions that would be great
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 12:36am
I'd make a guess that it's a PDN 12MH25 given that they use the 15" PD neo drivers in their larger wedges. Unfortunately they are not easily available at the moment.  I'd suggest buying the B&C 12NDL76's that Smokey Joe is selling, they're an excellent driver for small wedges.

As for the top end, something like a B&C DE160/250 etc would be great.

I recommend B&C because they're the drivers I know best.  There are alternatives if you prefer other manufacturers.  P-Audio SN12MB + SN-D44/BM-D450 for example for a budget version.

solution View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 2:09pm
cool might have a look into that then...have to wait for some other bits to come first but I'd like four of those to finish the set up off. cheers for the advice ceharden
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 8:00am
Turbosound list all their components in a "component map" file which is somewhere on the website.

It uses an LS1219 woofer and a CD111 compression driver with a PX121/X crossover.

You can normally buy all Turbo parts seperately - they know how to charge though...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
solution View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:11pm
I take it those are the turbo model numbers...will these drivers be bespoke turbo only drivers or are they literally rebadged PD etc and I can find out what the off the shelf models are...don't really want to pay bucks for the turbo badged stuff i can get it cheaper...might as well buy the cabs otherwise cos I'm still paying for the badge on the front if i buy drivers from them.
 Post Reply Post Reply