Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone know what this laser is

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know what this laser is
    Posted: 16 April 2013 at 12:25pm
Hi, we have this laser that has been sitting in the warehouse for a while. 

Anyone know what make or model is might be? I am sure we also have an old computer that connects to it too!

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:28pm
I've no idea what the laser is, but the optical loses are going to be shocking, purely down to the use of that case shape, and the need to use all those steering mirrors to get the beam on the galvo mirrors!
It is an RGB,and if we could see the labels on the modules, I would hazard a guess that one of them is 473nm (potentially the one on the left of the bottom picture. 532nm (green) is likely the middle one, and the big one on the right the red (probably a big array of low power, long wavelength (658??) red diodes polarized and combined through the PBS cube.

There'll be a ower deck with all of the drivers on it, which may give away a bit more about brand of scanners and lasers modules.

If you look at it, if they'd moved the 2 left most modules up against the right hand one, they could've used a straight line of dichros right onto the steering mirror before the galvos.

It says class 3b on the sticker, which would mean that it is up to 500mW total power. However, I've seen multi-watt lasers with class 3b stickers on them...

If the 473nm head is 100mW or more, it probably cost quite a bit of money to put together when it was built.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
col_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:39am
Looks like a Stealth laser to me from the case shape
AV, Sound and Lighting and Laser Hire, Sales and Service. www.klsuk.com
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2013 at 9:49pm
Looks like a Laser Electronics Stealth Laser.

Used to have 2 in the Opera House.

http://www.laserelectronicsltd.com/index.htm
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply